project R

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow that is nice!Wish I would have seen it at ride.Still think it should be a 500 motor in there.Just kidding:D That 525 should take care of any power needs for sure.Hope you post pics of that also.Noticed 04 swingarm.Did you weigh that compared to 03 arm?Rare piece.

comander420

#12 Post by comander420 »

How do you get the chain to work on the other side??

MotoX_Racer07

CR250R

#13 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

Actually the swing-arm had all the testing numbers on it. I forget how many continuous test cycles it took without failure. Its was a rediculous amount though, over twenty thousand easy. It all got sand blasted off though. As far as swapping the axle you just stick it in the other way but with the axle nut pulling against the sprocket. Its a lot of work and its not as easy as it may look. You come against a lot of problems along the way. Nothing on this thing bolted up. Everything was fabricated to work correctly. Only failure I had was my gas tank cracked, which its now being made out of 1/8" Aluminum. And my Caliper just touched my air box. But all is easily fixed. Mine is pretty much the test unit to making the the future ones better and better and flawless. You wouldn't believe how much better this thing handles then a Cannondale due to the huge weight savings. Ball park weight using bathroom scales was 342 wet. Thats with three gallons of gas and .875 qt in tranny oil. Not bad at all if you ask me. A blaster is 320 Dry. So not far off. So far best quad I've owned, a total blast to ride. I've abused the clutch and tranny and have had no problems or any sign of wear. There is No vibration either when riding this. Only time you notice it is when your sitting still and you stab the throttle. Non existent when your putting the power to the ground.

Dale512

#14 Post by Dale512 »

Can't wait to see pics of the KTM/C-Dale you guys are building.

I still want pics of the C-Dale with the 'Berg motor in it too.

superfly

project R

#15 Post by superfly »

Well finally got to take it for a little spin today. Other than a few little things that need worked out and the street legal stuff its ready to go. vibrates on idle but goes away once you hit the gas for those of you wondering. its been a long project but definately worth it.

superfly

project R

#16 Post by superfly »

any ideas on a charging system for a battery?

superfly

project R

#17 Post by superfly »

superfly

project R

#18 Post by superfly »

superfly

project R

#19 Post by superfly »

last one

CHAINSAW

#20 Post by CHAINSAW »

thats a pretty nice job. Id love to convert a dale from with a 2 stroke motor,.. but just cant bring myself to hacking up a perfectly good dale frame.