radiator standing up!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

Notice the knuckle buster factory fan brackets are now GONE!! Here is the bottom bracket, with rubber grommet.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

Now that is very slick. Didn't mean to be rough, just discussing since we didn't see where it was going.

And man, you are showing us up with that PC'd frame. :usa

RoooStEr Pops

#13 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

looking good got to do that to mine and my sons it looks like

Canniboomer

#14 Post by Canniboomer »

....and, you can pull the motor easier, without removing the radiator. I don't really see a downside... good mod!, love them mods!biggrin.gif

quadprorider

#15 Post by quadprorider »

Not to be rough or anything:w: but, what about shrouds? If I put my radiator up I couldnt use my shrouds since they mount to the radiator and the are bolted to the mounts right above it. Any ideas?

I have a radiator here that I got with all my Nacs stuff and letd just say its had some welding done to it. I will be sure to take a few pics......Later

Canniboomer

#16 Post by Canniboomer »

...well, that's a good point, and possibly a downside for some to adjust to, but no biggie. You could revert back to the straight shrouds, since those wing styles add a lot of drag anyway, and the propped up radiator with straight shrouds may likely do a better, and go-faster job of cooling.

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

Also you could just not bolt the tops on. There are many aluminum shrouds out there that don't have the top mounting tabs and are working fine.

Boomer: Drag from radiator shrouds.........Man what are we launching the shuttle!smile.gif

quadprorider

#18 Post by quadprorider »

Good point Dave and Derno..... Dougs idea may also be the answer for me bashing my knees on the radiator/shrouds! I was just going to cut the corner off of the shrouds but I am just going to use that Nacs radiator that I have. I am also trying to cut the old tabs off for my fuel pump and move it down lower on the frame rail with some hose clamps like what you would do for the rezzies on shocks. I would rather just move it down then relocating it somewhere else. I guess that could be considered R+D, right?

haydug

#19 Post by haydug »

Speaking of the shrouds that solid mount to the frame, think about that. I have actually seen them start to crack over time. The radiator is mounted in rubber for flex, so even with the large shrouds, I cut the solid mounting point off of the frame.

As for the fuel pump, I'm getting ready to sell a complete re-locate kit, that works about as slick as it gets. Complete with fuel lines, as most are dry-rotted anyway.

quadprorider

#20 Post by quadprorider »

How much for the re-locate kit? Thanks