Who's in for hardend camshafts?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
T-Rex

#11 Post by T-Rex »

Originally posted by wistech
Theres a lot of work to be done just with cam timing also.  I wish there was not so much  conflicting info on the net .   So far my stock engines had the most power from stock timing and the monsters loved retarded timing.  I have yet to try lobe sepation myself.

This is so true, lobe seperation and retarded timing do make a difference.

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

..I have a few sets of bad cams. Two or three in fact. Id love to get in on this. My bros 450 runs right with my 478,i wanted to retared my cams,but brad dont sell adj, ones. I know i have a few adj bad ones id be willing to send in...PM me or email. oddballracing_2001@yahoo.com

Sandstorm

#13 Post by Sandstorm »

Send me your junk cams.. DAB needs a set and of course you will get the first ones at cost after they have been run in a motor to make sure everthings cozy..

T-Rex

#14 Post by T-Rex »

I have a set of stock cams in good shape I would be willing to give for more duration on the exhaust cam.

Sandstorm

#15 Post by Sandstorm »

Happy Boy sent a set to me I asked him to. Apparantly UPS has lost them in the mail.. Happy is gonna send me another set.. Happy is gonna try and find out what happend to the set he already sent me... I will push DAB to get this done. We will do one set and run them for 'X' amount of hrs before we do another set.. As a matter of fact if Happy doesn't want to run the first set we can give them to Wise or C27. I don't care who gets them.. I just want them to work before we move on w/ sets for sale to the public.. I will feel very bad if a motor blew because of something I tried to do. Measure twice cut once... Wise or C27 would you guys have a motor for R&D for these cams??? The beauty of DAB is we can do just one set. If it works I will be asking for alot of old worn out cams..

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Sure do.Building a stocker motor if if blows wouldnt be a big deal.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Thats what R@D is all about Sand. Mydreamride has volunteered to try out the first set I get with the clear cam covers for constant inspection. He racks up some serious mileage quickly so data shouldnt take to long. I will also be testing several sets in my engines. These should have a black coating on them so if there is any wear they will be easy to see through the covers.

C27 am I going to get my pile of wasted cams back from RD?

No big deal Im sure we can secure dozens from other members.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

No.Some were cut in half.Thats how they found correct hardness down deep but not on top.I will ask for rest back.

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

:cry: but i was emotionally attached to some of those. We have been through so much together. So long little fellers.

theJeStEr1340

#20 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I got a set with a destroyed decomp lever.. but they are with Timbo.