Wierd ideas on porting and making power in 4strokes...

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Its much smaller but we have 2.So whole different setup.Only thing with two is Raptor and we are smaller but less cc's.

Big throttlebody.I would like to at least see something also.ATK Oklahoma the SuperMotard guys got 4 or 5 of them.Never heard a word.

m_mcgranahan

#12 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I know it is apples and oranges cause we have two pipes in the headers not one like the jap quads.

Bummer Steve, I kept waiting for that thread to pop up again with an update on it. Oh well, maybe on of their riders will check in and let us know.

God bless...

Mark

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh it will.Timbo will soon tire of me whining about having such a finicky motor like the 450 is.450 is only supposed to be for Ovals and a spare.Big stroker is for drags and TT.Stroker is easy to setup and gear especially.It will happen.I might have my chassis done before that motor though.

jinx44

#14 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 4 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look up D-Porting.

Big Block Fords can pick up a significant amount of power by putting a floor plate in the exhaust port, making the port a D shape. It cuts the exhaust port volume almost in half, but increases exhaust velocity. BBFs use canted valves, and the plate is put in at the same angle of the exhaust valve.

As C-27 also said, EFI and carbed are too different worlds on the intake side. Another thing to not is carbed must retain a rough texture on the ports to tumble the air and help atomization, whereas EFI can be polished smooth.

m_mcgranahan

#15 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Hmmm, Intersting, I wonder if that is part of why people say not to take out the flat spot in our exhaust ports when porting the head. WHat does a high velocity exhaust do better than a high flow one?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark