Injectors

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

No it wont fit tilted even.They are about a inch longer.Probably would fit stocker but main reason I wanted to try them was because the GM ones shoot straight out since mine were reangled incorrectly they should have helped.

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

aww,,,,umm do you have another injector in mind to use?..Also did you get my pm the other day?

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

No PM.I must have missed it.I just deleted all of them.sorry.

John Thomas

#14 Post by John Thomas »

Contact a japanese company called Venom. They are the injector kings and I guarantee they will have one that fits and will do anything you want it to. Let me know.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Will do.Lots of projects!

jwheat

#16 Post by jwheat »

Need to make sure that you are looking for low impedence injectors. High impedence injectors will work but do not work as well on high rpm motors.

CannondaleRider

#17 Post by CannondaleRider »

Originally posted by claas900
..C27 do you have your radiator tilted up already?

What would be the main reason for tilting the radiator?

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

The injectors will hit radiator otherwise.They cant be any longer than stock.

jwheat

#19 Post by jwheat »

C27...I beleive the type of injectors that John keeps referring to about being smaller are called disc injectors. They are a fairly new design compared to pintle or ball and socket type injectors. Because of them being new and smaller, they are more expensive also. One down fall of a smaller injector is the duty cycle. Usually, smaller injectors have a lower duty cycle than larger injectors. If you have a small injector with a 50% duty cycle and you have a larger injector with a 70% duty cycle, the smaller injector will work harder and be more likely to fail. Also, the smaller injector will reach static lock quicker at WOT than the larger injector. Fuel control usually stays more consisent at high RPM with a larger injector that is not working as hard.

John is right about weight savings and possible HP gain using a disc injector, but you have to weigh it against a possible higher failure rate. Just giving you some information to help you with your project.:hammer:

CannondaleRider

#20 Post by CannondaleRider »

Originally posted by cannondale27
The injectors will hit radiator otherwise.They cant be any longer than stock.

Oh, I was just wandering if there was any other reason, because when you look at Abbotts nice shiny TT Cannibal, the radiator is tilted forward

[img]http://tinypic.com/51oqiw[/img]