Carb Conversions

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
jfarrar

#21 Post by jfarrar »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Thomas
[B]Derno 24 The guy at diamond racing did and does have dale's with fcr carbs. Call and ask him his name is Jim.

hmmm i know he did one quad with a carb a while back but i have never seen any quad in his shop with a carb on it or a trace of one.the last few quads of his i rode all had fi so it must not have worked all that great.

aroracer72

#22 Post by aroracer72 »

EFI is worth more HP then a carb...and efi has better starting(not faster...but better).....runs smoother....and automatically adjusts for elevation and temperature.

Carbs though, are lighter......less complicated......cheaper.....take up less room...and have less parts to fail.

all in all EFI is always better....unless your for more work and less mess..then you are a carb person. Personally.....i have a nack for jetting carbs perfect(i jsut kinda have that touch with them)...but others get confused to heck about them. In either case...i prefer EFI.....shure it adds a mess load of wires to our quads.....and requires a program and computer to tune it...but you can change our power.....make it perfect the conditions....and after we get it mapped perfect for the pipe/engine/temp your in on the day you map it....it will aways run perfect. That is unless you change something having to do with airflow..etc.
CHAD

John Thomas

#23 Post by John Thomas »

I like EFI better too..........but im a HP guy, and the fcr carb produces alittle more. Way harder to adjust no doubt.