Who's in for hardend camshafts?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
T-Rex

#21 Post by T-Rex »

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to pick up an extra 3 to 5 rwhp with a good set of cams.

Sandstorm

#22 Post by Sandstorm »

T-Rex I see your into Banshee's.. Just a little FYI. I'm sure you've heard of K&T Performance. They build Crankensteins as well as many ohter size Banshees. Kim who owns K&T started w/ DAB before Kim founded K&T.. K&T's reputation speaks for itself..

wistech

#23 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by T-Rex
I don't see why we shouldn't be able to pick up an extra 3 to 5 rwhp with a good set of cams.

If Cannons came with mild cams like every other quad out there that shoud be true. We are just going to have to burn some more dyno rubber to find out if the stocker can be improved . .:ride:

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by wistech
:cry:    but i was emotionally attached to some of those.   We have been through so much together.    So long little fellers.

biggrin.gif I will get them back was just kidding.Actually was waiting for them to get ahold of Megacycle so some may be there also.

You know the way this should be done is to get every cam maker around to make some cams then rate them on wear,delivery and performance and of course cost.We shouldnt have to beg for cams as long as enough people pursue getting them done.I will work on R/D and Megacycle with Wistechs cams of course.LOL.

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 6 2006, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif I will get them back was just kidding.Actually was waiting for them to get ahold of Megacycle so some may be there also.

You know the way this should be done is to get every cam maker around to make some cams then rate them on wear,delivery and performance and of course cost.We shouldnt have to beg for cams as long as enough people pursue getting them done.I will work on R/D and Megacycle with Wistechs cams of course.LOL.

Im gonna need some of those back soon.

I recieved the test set of cams back and they tested out at 55 RC . There was some confusion and misscommunication between my local shop and the cam builder. He didnt tell them we were looking for 60 to 65 RC so he hardened them to the standard 55. I called the cam shop directly and now its all straightened out.
I have about 25 good cams to go in the first batch to just be treated. If anyone else has any good ones them send them asap. The batch can hold about 50 cams in the basket and its about $175 to divide amonst all those who sent there's in. So right now its less than $7 each.
I am going to have some extreme profiles made for the several to try out in the 500cc engines. The rest will be stock or maybe something close to the webb cams.

Sandstorm

#26 Post by Sandstorm »

Whoa something went wrong w/ my post.. It won't let me delete the duplicates.. Sorry about that..

Sandstorm

#27 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (wistech @ Apr 8 2006, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recieved the test set of cams back and they tested out at 55 RC . There was some confusion and misscommunication between my local shop and the cam builder. He didnt tell them we were looking for 60 to 65 RC so he hardened them to the standard 55. I called the cam shop directly and now its all straightened out.
I have about 25 good cams to go in the first batch to just be treated. If anyone else has any good ones them send them asap. The batch can hold about 50 cams in the basket and its about $175 to divide amonst all those who sent there's in. So right now its less than $7 each.
I am going to have some extreme profiles made for the several to try out in the 500cc engines. The rest will be stock or maybe something close to the webb cams.

An 06 YFZ has the same bore and stroke as a my Falicon'd motor.. Why can't we copy the lift and duration of the YFZ??? Maybe 5 valves has something to do w/ it??? I'm stopping my process of having DAB try and do cams.. I am not gonna commit to something of this nature and compete w/ others for the sales.. I sA

Sandstorm

#28 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (wistech @ Apr 8 2006, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An 06 YFZ has the same bore and stroke as a my Falicon'd motor.. Why can't we copy the lift and duration of the YFZ??? Maybe 5 valves has something to do w/ it??? I'm stopping my process of having DAB try and do cams.. I am not gonna commit to something of this nature and compete w/ others for the sales.. I will not let DAB do all this work for nothing.. Not mad at anybody so don't take it that way.. Just trying to do a favor..

claas900

#29 Post by claas900 »

..I sure wish i had some good cams to send in..Tho i do have i think 3 or 4 sets of bad cams.

wistech

#30 Post by wistech »

Sandstorm . The Cannondales already have a more agressive cam than the yfz's so it wouldnt help much to copy those. For my cam builder to come up with a cam design on his own he was talking $1500 to work one out. He said its easy to copy a profile of an existing cam but what are we to use? I was thinking the intake was the closest to the agressiveness we need but the lift is pretty high. Ill make my decision on what to try out soon. Things like valve to valve and valve to piston clearance are going to be an issue as well.
I wish you wouldnt give up on the cams because this R@D project might not work out .