Caniboomer filter setup..

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
MyCannibal

#21 Post by MyCannibal »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 8 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, once again, the manufacturer of the filter told me that oiling inside was not needed. I have proven their statement correct. Oil wherever you want I suppose.....

This seems to be an unneccessary disagreement don't ya think?

Deatons...no one was even saying there was a disagreement until you made this statement...yes we all do stuff differently and EVERYONE'S advice is greatly appreciated...thats what forums are for...facts and opinions...right?...unfortunateley they create arguments sometimes...I respect your knowledge just as I would expect you to respect mine or anyone else's...I appreciate your input just as I appreciate anyone else's trying to help...lets all just agree to disagree...leave it at that...after all I only wanted to know if I should oil my filter and I think we all covered that answer...LOL...RIDE ON!

peterock

#22 Post by peterock »

Wasn't this about Dave's filter set-up being awesome????

Easy E

#23 Post by Easy E »

Yup...

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

This is R/D section.Not a wishy washy advertising section.Deatons part of R/D is having different opinions and views hopefully backed up with real world testing and common sense.Dont take it so personally.I dont.

Filters and oiling.

All I know is I would rather be sure oil covers entire filter than take a chance of a dry spot.Dry filter will suck dirt through very quick.Have seen MANY who thought they had oiled filter fully and a ride later found out they didnt get it right.

On the Dyno the last 3 motors I had on there with filter I run fully oiled.Removing the filter either dropped hp or didnt change a thing.

MyCannibal

#25 Post by MyCannibal »

and Dave's filter set-up is still awesome!...lol.

UpsMan

#26 Post by UpsMan »

I still like K&N.

SlOoT

#27 Post by SlOoT »

I run a K&N filter with a stock twin-air foam filter around it (zip-tie at the bottom).

But I only ride MX-tracks, so no dust and no mud/water.

Cbull1

#28 Post by Cbull1 »

im new .. i wont lie.. im somewhat familiar with these bikes... but id like to see a pic of this setup....im sure its already been posted....but id still like to see one....im building my money pit as we speak....

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

deaton, relax...this is just how they are. breathe in....breathe out....

Canniboomer

#30 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (Mr.Omega @ May 9 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im new .. i wont lie.. im somewhat familiar with these bikes... but id like to see a pic of this setup....im sure its already been posted....but id still like to see one....im building my money pit as we speak....

The most recent pictures are not posted up here yet, and some things have been changed, and some items added to the Kits.
Just shoot me an email, and I'll return the latest pictures available. pacrimdm@msn.com