The X pipe

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Speed 1B

#31 Post by Speed 1B »

Can you talk about the Wistech pipe 27? What kind of design and how does it differ from the others?

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Speed 1B @ Apr 19 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you talk about the Wistech pipe 27? What kind of design and how does it differ from the others?

Sure let the cat out of the bag . Im game for a shootout. 80hp here I come. It will be the green weenie's big brother.LOL

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

I wont let cat out of bag.Sorry speed1b.Sworn to secrecy.I wouldnt worry Wistech doesnt make power without tricks anyway.Probably will have a mini NOS hidden in there:P

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I finished up my X-pipe.It is made by Aaen Performance.I did the polishing and ceramic coating.I have not talked to Aaen about prices.I think if anyone wants one you can talk to Aaen about price.Mike Cousins or I will bring a quad down there to have some more made if you guys want them.Would probably wait till a few orders are in before making the trip and tying up a quad.He is fast though.Only took a day for each version of mine.I do plan on getting a bigger piped version made probably after I sell my Ti Pipe so you may want to wait for that.Here are some pics.Looks pretty sweet and sounds very nice.A deep throaty sound.Will be stopping at DNR to check db readings open and with screen in it.Also SuperTrapp discs will screw right on the end of this.
[attachment=3754:xpipe2.jpg]
[attachment=3755:xpipe.jpg]

GDITheman

#35 Post by GDITheman »

Looks like quality. How does it run?

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Look at the dyno chart.It beat the Ti pipe.

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 12 2007, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latest results.Version 2.Looking good biggrin.gif
Same trail ready pump gas setup as last test.Latest runs are in new zip file below.

[attachment=3204:X2_pipe.jpg]
[attachment=3207:trail_motor.zip]

Here you go.

Happyboy

#38 Post by Happyboy »

Looks good but I wouldn't say it beat the Ti pipe. Your runs weren't done at the same time and there was less than 1hp difference. You can see a 1hp difference between runs between the morning and an afternoon. I do want to see a shootout sometime between the pipes, but they have to be run at the same time. Only fair way to do it.

dalewannbe

#39 Post by dalewannbe »

That is a nice looking pipe.

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ May 29 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good but I wouldn't say it beat the Ti pipe. Your runs weren't done at the same time and there was less than 1hp difference. You can see a 1hp difference between runs between the morning and an afternoon. I do want to see a shootout sometime between the pipes, but they have to be run at the same time. Only fair way to do it.

Send me some duals and I will do a shootout.Same day same dyno same quad.Only reason I didnt do Tipipe again was because I got exact same curves on two previous dyno runs both different days.Within .25 hp.This pipe keeps power longer than Ti also.