Cams...

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Happyboy

#31 Post by Happyboy »

what all did 375 cover?

m_mcgranahan

#32 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jul 30 2008, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what all did 375 cover?

If I understood correctly, it was the valves and the seats needed to go with them.

God bless...

Mark

peterock

#33 Post by peterock »

$375 was probably the price of the cams being done. TI Valves are going to run about $600. He can also extrusion port your head for about $325 or so.

If you want the behive design ones, he would be the one to find them. I never pursued them further with him as our stock outers have been working fine.

m_mcgranahan

#34 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi Peter,

Thats too bad, like I said, I was under the understanding that it was the valves, but if its porting, oh well.

God bless...

Mark

peterock

#35 Post by peterock »

He may be charging $375 for the intake and $375 for the exhaust for the TI Valves. But I would be willing to bet that price of $375 was for the cams.

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Happyboy maybe you should think before you post.You said that we meaning Pete,Timbo and I werent capable of testing and you would rather have some Engineer handle it.I take that personally since alot of effort and $ goes into testing these things.I may fly off the handle but at least I dont stab someone in the back like your derogatory comments.Engineer Sheeesh...

We have and are testing single valve springs with both Ti and stock valves.

I also previously stated I dont trust any hardwelded cam but unless a group comes up with some cash there is no way we will ever get billet cams unless Wayne Schofield gets it done.That means that if you put a set of hardwelded cams in you will have to run it for about 3 hrs or so then pull the motor and take a look at whats going on.Yes it that simple.Cam and valvetrain wear occurs very rapidly if something is wrong.If you find something wrong I cant imagine Crower or anyone else not dealing with the issue.Seem like alot of work?Well it really isnt anything compared to what happens if complete failure occurs and it is time well spent even if nothing is found.We arent dealing with tractors here.These require some effort.

m_mcgranahan

#37 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

He said it was about $160-180 each cam for regrinds as long as they were not too worn.

God bless...

Mark

peterock

#38 Post by peterock »

that sounds about right. If they are too worn then he has to weld more matterial to the cams and it doesn't sound like the rods he uses are too cheap.

thedeatons

#39 Post by thedeatons »

I just posted this on daler under the PC Group Buy post, but then realized this was a more appropriate thread for it:

You know, Cdsracer and I were just talking about this: another thing that would be really nice to track is the time seperation between idle and redline. That would be nice because different engine configurations will rev quicker than others. Wouldn't it be great to have data showing how quick one engine configuration revs against another? That would be important in the dual vs. single valve spring test. I would think a single valve spring might allow the engine to rev a bit quicker, even though power output might be the same.

jinx44

#40 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Jul 30 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't it be great to have data showing how quick one engine configuration revs against another?

Way to many variables in that.