Who's in for hardend camshafts?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
wistech

#41 Post by wistech »

This is interesting. This is the head out of Chads motor. I pulled it to stick the motard gears in and inspection. The cam on the intake is the coated one and the exhaust was a new stocker. The black lube finish has not worn off the coated cam but the stock finish has on the tips of the lobes . This is good news .

Close up

cannondale27

#42 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes.I think more long term testing is needed but has been good luck so far with your cams.I cant see anything in your pics though too blurry.

wistech

#43 Post by wistech »

I am having a batch of high lift and stock cams heat treated next week. If anyone else wants to get their cams heat treated and coated for less than $25 better get them to me asap. There is room in the batch for at least 10 more cams.

iceracer17

#44 Post by iceracer17 »

John i have 2 to send. 1 brand new.Get me your address and i'll dhl them friday.

wistech

#45 Post by wistech »

Edited ...new address.

claas900

#46 Post by claas900 »

I have a few flat cams,will they get fixed and then treated? Or do you only want new cams?

wistech

#47 Post by wistech »

If you want some of the hardwelded cams they will be available on an exchange basis. I am trying to use only early style fully adjustable ones for ease of use. The reworked exhaust cams will all be the new high lift profile since it will cost the same now that the master has been built.

I am just looking to get the price down on the heat treating because it cost around $300 per batch weather you are doing one cam or 50. So the more we get the cheaper it will be to divide up.

Price of the reworked cams has not been hammered out yet. Ill have to get the calculator out and see what it divies out to.

kdeal

#48 Post by kdeal »

Here is the batch I am sending out in the morning.

wistech

#49 Post by wistech »

Just a little update . The high lift exhaust cams have been welded but not been finish ground yet. They should be ready for heat treating by the end of the week. But as we all have learned he didnt say which week.LOL I emphasized to grind them as good or better than the stock finish at whatever additional cost/time it may take for perfection.

Speed 1B

#50 Post by Speed 1B »

Im very interested in the high lift cams. keep me posted.