The X pipe

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Sand_Blaster

#41 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Looks good 27.

cannondale27

#42 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks Sandblaster.
Just so no one thinks I am overstating the fact it beat TiPipe here is the two time I ran the TiPipe same motor same quad etc.Notice the dates.
[attachment=3774:Trail_Motor_Dates.jpg]

Happyboy

#43 Post by Happyboy »

Steve, please don't get me wrong. Nice work with the pipe and nice power. But the problem is the same problem people all over have with dynos. Saying you beat something when you didn't compare them at the same time is like drag racing at different times. If its not head to head its not fair. Your numbers were so close you should call it a tie. Will you beat the Ti? Probobly, your numbers show a slight advantage. But until its done head to head I sure hope you don't go advertising them as better.

Note off your dyno sheets. There was a .22hp difference between the Ti pipes. Normal variance as well as normal between max runs. You can get a good 1hp difference just between runs sometimes. then you have a .33hp difference with your pipe. See my point? Thats not a "significant" change.

cannondale27

#44 Post by cannondale27 »

Okay I will call it a tie for peak hp but I am saying it is a waste of time to keep testing a pipe over and over again.Every single run of Ti Pipe was 53hp Every single run of final version Aaen pipe was 54hp.The end also was more than .33hp gain.

Sand_Blaster

#45 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Well I need a new exhaust 27, can Aaen build the full systems? I just read about slip-ons.
How much we looking at for a full system $ wise?

thedeatons

#46 Post by thedeatons »

That sucks that we can't use the Ohlins with these, but I love my Ti pipe, and the weight advantage is ideal also... Not that I am knocking this at all. It is always good to have options. I personally want someone to start offering carbon fiber replacement cans for my FMF Ti, that will be the ultimate xc pipe in my opinion. Super low weight, and it would sound throatier too.....

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Sand_Blaster @ Aug 1 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I need a new exhaust 27, can Aaen build the full systems? I just read about slip-ons.
How much we looking at for a full system $ wise?

It is a full system and works with any shock including the Ohlins.I am not sure what he will charge.He never gave me a straight answer.I would prefer you deal directly with Aaen.

Someday there will be a new version Ti Pipe.Definitly a goal to keep!

thedeatons

#48 Post by thedeatons »

You are right Steve, it looks like Ohlins use is no problem. My mistake, I thought we were talking about the duals here... I'll leave quietly....

Sand_Blaster

#49 Post by Sand_Blaster »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 2 2007, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a full system and works with any shock including the Ohlins.I am not sure what he will charge.He never gave me a straight answer.I would prefer you deal directly with Aaen.

Someday there will be a new version Ti Pipe.Definitly a goal to keep!

Alright I'll check with them soon.

wanablaze

#50 Post by wanablaze »

I saw this pipe this weekend on 27's quad. Very nice looking exhaust. Even ceramic coated. Very professional and clean. If I needed a new single, I'd be in line for this pipe.