Decompression Mech Wieghts are coming!!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
comander420

#41 Post by comander420 »

Hey sean I'm Brad AKA Comander. Wistech I know I talked to you a while back about getting this taken care of but you said the weights were the problem. Since this is kind of a surgical procedure and I'm not a doctor how about you or Timbo or Happy let the rest of us know what your fees are to correctly install these things and grind the rivet down if need be, I know I'm not the only one interested. Somone PM me with a price to change my weight out and fit the rivet!

jamiesel

#42 Post by jamiesel »

Happy,

the tophats were great, put me down for 2.

Thanks for taking it on.

Happyboy

#43 Post by Happyboy »

OK, few more days to get a preorder in. We are waiting until the end of the week to order the metal. I am getting one of the old style steel weights in and we are going to do a weight comparison of old, new, and the metal we are going to make. Also, does anyone know exactly what material was used on the original steel ones?

Happyboy

#44 Post by Happyboy »

Because of the rucus over on cannondaler I figured I would put a note over here.

These machined parts are going to be an improvement over the powdered metal. There is always a risk of failure even with a new part. These parts are going to be to spec with the existing machined parts.

With that being said. Anyone who puts this in their motor can be considered testers because these are new parts. Now, I will not put anything into my motor that I don't have the belief it is stronger and more reliable than what is in there already.

A big component of this fix is tightening the spec on the pivot. John has this down to a t. If you do not tighten the pivot point up then you will have a failure at some point.

If anyone signed up for these with the belief this was that end all fix for the mechanism then please send me a pm and I will take you off the list and refund a deposit if you made one.

Blazinmoto

#45 Post by Blazinmoto »

I would still like to get one, sorry about the delay but my computer came down with a virus and got it back last night. Thanx, Rick:comp:

cannibaljim

#46 Post by cannibaljim »

If I am not to late put me down for 2 let me know and I will paypal the deposit.

Happyboy

#47 Post by Happyboy »

go ahead and send me the paypal...we are doing a little more digging before we ran with them...weight comparisons and comparing the design of powder vs. billet.

cannibaljim

#48 Post by cannibaljim »

Deposit sent.:usa

cannondale27

#49 Post by cannondale27 »

Whats the progress on this?ETA?

Happyboy

#50 Post by Happyboy »

Talked to him about this on Friday...Should be the end of this week or beginning of next. Putting them on hold for that week stuck us at the end of the line. smile.gif But, they are close.