R/D Valvespring Head

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#51 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes. Pete do you know what your buckets are coated with? They are going in next.

timbomoose

#52 Post by timbomoose »

Thanks for testing Steve. Now it's time to take them back to the plater to see what they say and try coating #2. Could even be the coating off the cams. Will find out once we get them checked. Hopefully between all the different things being tryed something will work good. But as for now the best known bucket are the R&D valve spring ones. Just wish they were a little cheaper. Hopefully Pete's will perform better.

peterock

#53 Post by peterock »

The actual name from the company is Dia-clust.

has been able to produce a diamond-dispersed chromium matrix composite coating for wear and corrosion ressistance by utilizing an ultra high dispersion of nanometer sized, spherical shaped diamond particales. Their unique shape allows them to perform like ball bearings and are not designed to abrade material. The diamonds carbon conductivity significantly improves the cluster formation process, especially in chromium plating with a cluster structure.

When introduced into the electrlyte, these nanometer sized diamond particles act as a catalyst increasng the ionization of the chrome, forcing the chrome ions to surround each of the diamond particles to form a crystallization center. By creating an extremely high number of these crystallization centers (up to 5 x 10 6 1/cm2) allow the excessive electric current to be maintained during the plating process creating the massive multi-crystallization process.

Due to the excessive ionization of diamond catalysis super small structural fragments are formed, so there are no microscopic voids in the surface, unlike conventional plating processes. As a result, a dense super hard diamond dispersed chromium comoposite coating increases the surface hardness while significantly reducing friction and corrosion.

cannondale27

#54 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool! Sounds good. We will see. Thanks Pete and thanks Timbo for being so forthcoming. Things don't always go right that's what testing is all about.

peterock

#55 Post by peterock »

If these work out, it will add about $30 to the cost of 4 new buckets. So ballpark of $85 for buckets.

cannondale27

#56 Post by cannondale27 »

Update: The coated buckets Pete had made also had some of the coating come off. So far only coated buckets to hold up are the R/D valvespring ones. Timbo has run into some of those that aren't machined right though. So be warned. Peterock is talking with his coater and seeing what else can be done.

cannondale27

#57 Post by cannondale27 »

Update:This motor and my lack of setup and practice really embarassed me at the drags this weekend. Lost ALOT of $$$! Motor is an AWESOME oval/wide open motor but this Drag race was moist clay and had most traction I have ever seen. Banshees cleaned up in most classes which they normally don't do since its only 300ft. I was hooking up so much I was almost puking the motor then wheelying if starting in first and then wheelie again in 3rd to 4th shift. Gearing change and slowing rebound on shocks down put me in the hunt but it still was tough at line especially. So I am going to put this head on my 2.2mm Timbo stroker. Will still be 450cc high compression but I know the strokers were much easier to race if conditions like this come again.

The head from the trail motor which was a 2.2mm stroker and had almost 59hp with every trick in book will go on the stock stroke CP motor to see how much difference stroking actually makes vs stock stroke. The piston on Ti Head stroker will be a stock Asso machined to as high a compression as possible. Timbo is thinking should get 13:1 so although not identical test it should be close to everything same other than crank.

Stay tuned.

Will the Ti Stroker beat the Stock stroke record setting Trail motor head in 450cc class?

m_mcgranahan

#58 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi

cool! Just for reference sake, what tricks does your non stroker have on it?

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jul 21 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update:This motor and my lack of setup and practice really embarassed me at the drags this weekend. Lost ALOT of $$$! Motor is an AWESOME oval/wide open motor but this Drag race was moist clay and had most traction I have ever seen. Banshees cleaned up in most classes which they normally don't do since its only 300ft. I was hooking up so much I was almost puking the motor then wheelying if starting in first and then wheelie again in 3rd to 4th shift. Gearing change and slowing rebound on shocks down put me in the hunt but it still was tough at line especially. So I am going to put this head on my 2.2mm Timbo stroker. Will still be 450cc high compression but I know the strokers were much easier to race if conditions like this come again.

The head from the trail motor which was a 2.2mm stroker and had almost 59hp with every trick in book will go on the stock stroke CP motor to see how much difference stroking actually makes vs stock stroke. The piston on Ti Head stroker will be a stock Asso machined to as high a compression as possible. Timbo is thinking should get 13:1 so although not identical test it should be close to everything same other than crank.

Stay tuned.

Will the Ti Stroker beat the Stock stroke record setting Trail motor head in 450cc class?

cannondale27

#59 Post by cannondale27 »

No tricks.Was always dynoed as ridden.With airfilter on and stator plugged in.If you mean trick parts well pretty much everything.

Oversize TiValves
Single valvesprings
Custom ground intake cam
Waynes exhaust cam
Matczak Machine Ported
Bored Throtttlebody
Coated buskets
14:1 CP piston
Cyclone
Harley injectors
112in/108ex cam timing
Dynoed fuel and max ignition timing
TurboBlue and CamII 110 pump race gas
Now E85 gas

m_mcgranahan

#60 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Yeah, I was thinking trick parts. Nice motor I'm jealous. How does the E85 work for you? What all did you replace to make that all work w/o eating through your fuel system?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark