Custom flywheel ?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
ktmlew

#51 Post by ktmlew »

QUOTE (wistech @ Oct 25 2006, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the whole reason for the aluminum part is to fill in the gaps for the tone ring but they could have designed arounf that .

I guess I could have worded that better...

All the 4-strokes I've seen have a totally steel flywheel. Usually the "ring" and hub are riveted together.

wistech

#52 Post by wistech »

I got ya. But ours is one of the few with a built in tone ring for the efi. If it was all steel there might have been a pick up coil problem. Hence using an aluminum outershell with steel teeth in it.

USAMoto00

#53 Post by USAMoto00 »

QUOTE (wistech @ Oct 24 2006, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting , mine let go right after a sustained high speed run . With the extreme tall gearing one would think it would be easier on the flywheels.

Let me clarify, I think that the abuse of using the brakes in the air causes them to let go quicker. Mine has always died on me when either powering out of a turn or on a high speed straight like you mentioned. How are they coming by the way? I have the box ready to go, just have to get to the post office. What kind of price are we talking for these also? I will probably need 3 to be safe. Thanks again.

timbomoose

#54 Post by timbomoose »

ktmlew gave us a hint on how wistech comes up with his great ideas. Here's a pic of Wistech on his other website www.hornymanatee.com brainstorming.

cannondale27

#55 Post by cannondale27 »

laugh.gif You are nuts!

ozarkdaler

#56 Post by ozarkdaler »

LMAO

wistech

#57 Post by wistech »

Cmon man , she not fat .....she's big boned tongue.gif

kdeal

#58 Post by kdeal »

She's a cow....................sea cow that is....LOL

blink.gif

wistech

#59 Post by wistech »

I am on my 3rd prototype flywheel . The first was a building test. The second had a welding problem due to me trying to use a mig welder. The 3rd I tig welded and the fltwheel has proven to work and is now holding up. I will try to get more run time on it in the St Anthonies since it seems to be good at destroying flywheels. I also have an idea for a drag race flywheel that would just power the pick up sensor and wiegh next to nothing. Now where did I put that spare time to work on these projects. sad.gif

Happyboy

#60 Post by Happyboy »

New pics?!!! smile.gif