Decompression Mech Wieghts are coming!!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

Close up billet steel

cannondale27

#62 Post by cannondale27 »

Back side

cdsracer

#63 Post by cdsracer »

Can I install it myself? If so, I'll take two.

Happyboy

#64 Post by Happyboy »

cdracer, I would say no to you installing yourself unless you are have a mill or drill press at the minimum for removing the existing mechanism. It is very difficult and very nerve racking.

I had a meeting with the shop on Tuesday and there were going to try and have them done by yesterday. I got busy with the rebuild and forgot to go by there. I will check on Monday and hopefully will have something to ship out. If not, then they will be done by the time I get back from the dunes in a week.

They just got real busy and were/are fitting us in when they can. By no means are they pushing us back months, they just were too busy for the last couple weeks to get these done.

I will post an update on Monday.

cdalerider75

#65 Post by cdalerider75 »

Mine appears to be held in place by a screw... now why can't I replace it by myself? I will post a pic later of the alan head screw that I am talking about..

cannondale27

#66 Post by cannondale27 »

You could replace it yourself.Like everything it isnt easy though.If you have the screw you have the latest version it comes apart easier and is what I would recommend putting back in.Even with the new weights you will still have to fit the rivet for length.You want it to still pivot but not be sloppy.I use a India stone on the rivet to get right length for a good fit.

wistech

#67 Post by wistech »

Even though it has a screw the end on the other side has the threads staked from the factory so you have to drill out that part before removing the screw or it will strip . If I get a chance I will do a pic write up on the complete procedure.

CptHook

#68 Post by CptHook »

Ok hopefully one of the techies can chime in for me here.

What is the function of the wieghts, and why are these important/needed over our stockers?

CptHook

#69 Post by CptHook »

Thanks ******, still a little too early in the morning for to quite comprehend that, but Ill read it a couple more times later and it will sink in...maybe :hammer:

Happyboy

#70 Post by Happyboy »

OK....just talked to the shop. They are going to run them this week. They the material in hand and a game plan as how to run them but now they just have to get them on the machine. With me going out of town on Wednesday I should have something to take pictures of next Monday. Sorry for the wait on these but I don't want to go rushing them and take a chance on these getting messed up.

I am having plenty of these made up so hopefully this will drive the cost down. We are still looking at under $30 each but will know for sure when these get run.