Remote Oil Tank

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
BM426Racer

Remote Oil Tank

#1 Post by BM426Racer »

C41xracer and myself were shooting aroung the idea of using a remote oil tank instead of the frame. It would cut a lot of down time off a rebuild as you wouldn't have to strip, hang, and flush the frame out. Just remove like 2 bolts and flush a tank instead. Lets hear what ya think

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

That would be a very good reason for a tank.Maybe even more oil capacity also.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

That might be a good route to go in the event of massive amounts of contaminents. But then an oil cooler would be required to replace the heat sink of a frame. Then you would have to flush that also so your kinda back to square one.

A simple solution is a filter in the scavange puimp line like an inline tranny filter or power steering filter. You can get them for around 20 bucks or less at a an auto parts store. Many even have magnets in them. When I install trannies in fords they are required for warranty. This would also prolong the engine oil filters life and keep debris from getting in the check ball of the main oil pump that causes the dreaded hydolock.

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

..I think i saw a pic of were Cdale did that on there frist runing quads?..When they were still doing R&D on them?