Carb Conversions

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

Carb Conversions

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

For Cannondale:

c41xracer

#2 Post by c41xracer »

why would you want to

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Not me just wanted to give folks who want to place to talk about it.Honda thread came down to a carb vs injection thing.Deleted that thread because of fighting and language.

cdalepilot

#4 Post by cdalepilot »

i was wondering what happened to that thread , it was getting pretty crazy. doesn't diamond racing sell a carb conv ? is anybody using it? how do you like it ? :drink:

Exodus

#5 Post by Exodus »

I would really like to see a dyno chart comparing EFI versus Carb. It would be interesting to see the difference on paper. Maybe a carb does put out a little more horsepower, then again, it might be a total waste of time and energy to convert something that nobody has probs with. Upgrades, I can see, I just cant logically see the gain to turn back in time with a carb. I'll stick with EFI thank you, but I would like to see the difference in performance between the two.

jwheat

#6 Post by jwheat »

I was not fighting...just making a point to the people that think they know all about FI! biggrin.gif And as far as language.......I'll be sure and use some four letter words next time!rolleyes.gif

John Thomas

#7 Post by John Thomas »

yeah jwheat we were just getting started on the topic. It was getting interesting

John Thomas

#8 Post by John Thomas »

good stuff Jwheat

jwheat

#9 Post by jwheat »

I agree John. I didn't see either of us putting down the other in that post. Both of us were stating our opinions. Some people were getting a little carried away about it. I agree that the Dale FI system could be modified for HP gains, I just think a carb would be a step backwards. By using a larger throttlebody, especially on the 450 and bigger kits, then we could find some more HP.

CptHook

#10 Post by CptHook »

I need a *putting hand on forehead and shaking head in dismay* smiley right now. Give it a rest guys, no point in posting about why you didnt think it needed to be deleted or any of that other crap, just keep the thread on track before it gets deleted again. Why bother debating the fact?