Carb Conversions

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
John Thomas

#11 Post by John Thomas »

Its all about a debate. If it was absolute there would be no questions and there are.

John Thomas

#12 Post by John Thomas »

Jwheat do you know of a company called Venom. Its a japenese company. They specialize in import dragracing fuel injection. You should beable to get better compact injectors from them.

John Thomas

#13 Post by John Thomas »

A carb is a step backwards no doubt. But it is kinda like the honda mind state Lo tech is hi tech when maximized potential is reached. Hi tech tends to rely more on its improvements and usually flaters in some other areas. In certain applications lo tech applies better. Im not say for efi verses carb but keep that mind open.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

I have a question for you John. What rev box did you use on your carb conversion? From what I have known Winky NEVER got his carb conversion to work. Just think you are making it up about a carb conversion. What person builds something like that and takes no pictures or even knows the specifics?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it was censorship.When people are calling each other idiots and using all kinds of symbols for swearing.If you guys dont like it go somewhere else or get enough folks together and I will put it back.Its not deleted just put in moderators forum.This thread will also be cleaned up to just carb related facts.

Dale512

#16 Post by Dale512 »

I beleive Winky did get it to work, but they had to make modifications to the frame to get the carb to fit so they never produced it for sale.

Atleast thats what Winky said.....

IRONSIDE

#17 Post by IRONSIDE »

I'm glad this thread was moved. John, I have thick skin so no hard feelings here. I'm just looking for some solid information. I believe in your original posts you claimed that you had converted two of your Dales from EFI to the FCR carb and had good results. Please correct me if I misread your post. As a layman, could you explain to me what exactly I would need to If I wanted to follow in your footsteps?

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Thread is back in open forum.Just got rid of personal attacks and swearing as best I could.If this were a thing involving some wrong doing or something of that sort I would not have censored it.But it was just a Honda vs Dale,carb vs injection thing.Lighten up no need to call names just because of a opinion.

John Thomas

#19 Post by John Thomas »

Derno 24 The guy at diamond racing did and does have dale's with fcr carbs. Call and ask him his name is Jim. He couldn't get the 41 to work. I got a 40 to fit barely. about 10 degrees cocked. But it is a downdraft configuration so that is ok. Crossreference my facts and ideas with that guy. He seems to agree with me. Let me know if you get any feed back

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

John that isn't what I asked. I don't care about bolting a carb up that is the easy part. I want to know what you did for a rev box and wiring? Specifics please.

Cause no offense I don't buy it.