quad injectors

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

I have been mulling about the injector thing for a while. I wasn't quite sure what to think as on one hand it definitely looks cool. On the other hand I am left scratching my head as fuel wouldn't have been where I would have started. I seriously doubt our engines pull anywhere near the max these injectors put out. Not trying to knock your idea.

I do however have one to follow it with. Instead of adding 2 more why not relocated them to your new holes. That definitely looks like a more direct line down the intake and it may even allow you to run bigger injectors due to the extra space. Just a thoery of mine. I definitely think it looks cool.

rope83

#12 Post by rope83 »

Yes, but would a 4 injector spraying less give a better mixture of air and fuel. Because with 2 injectors would it be more a squirt than with a 4 injector set up, it would be more of a spray. plus it would let the air have more time to tumble and two stages to mix it fuel.

just some thoughts
Rob

jwheat

#13 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
I second the turbo idea! How are you going to control the second set of injectors? Just slave them off the first set? I wonder if you could use those ports for N2O injection - one for N2O, one for fuel enrichment. Zoom!

Marc

If you slave them off of the first set of injectors, will the drivers in the computer handle the extra load of two more injectors?

Also...I think our injectors are capable of handling as much fuel as we are currently able to use.........a bigger throttlebody would sure add some ponies. Anybody out there got any ideas for another throttlebody?