Map Building 101

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
GDITheman

#11 Post by GDITheman »

is that the software and hardware the two guys (can't think of their names) are working on now? i read about it on cannondaler. sounds pretty cool.

they are working on a version that will run the atk stuff also aren't they?

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that is it.Here is a pic of main screen.

02Cannibal

#13 Post by 02Cannibal »

Originally posted by GDITheman
is that the software and hardware the two guys (can't think of their names) are working on now? i read about it on cannondaler. sounds pretty cool.

they are working on a version that will run the atk stuff also aren't they?

Map Tweak is the older version of the program, and is just an editor. The new version, will have a map editor, programmer, and monitor. The new version (Ecu Diag), can read/write ATK maps, and can download them to the Dale as well. I will post some screen shots when I get a chance.

02Cannibal

#14 Post by 02Cannibal »

This is the latest Beta version.

USAMoto00

#15 Post by USAMoto00 »

Farrar is hooked up now.:usa

Zerotact

#16 Post by Zerotact »

I called a local dyno, he was entusiastic about putting my bike on the dyno, but he stated there would be little impovement gained unless I could modify the map itself. Any ideas on how I could do this on my new ATK?

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

It depends on if you have a D&M for your ATK.Flowrate and offset can give you alot of adjustment.

Zerotact

#18 Post by Zerotact »

Yes, I have the ATK D&M kit...
But the guy at the dyno suggested that it's not really worth it to put the bike on the dyno unless I have complete control of the fuel map....
I've looked at the maps witha hex editor... this could take some time...

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

****** yes you will be able to adjust by % from what I was told.I cant wait.

Zerotact going on the dyno even if you have just made a exhaust change and tweaking the flow and offset is easy HP.Does ATK dyno all their quads?I dont think they do.Do it.I agree with the guy as far as Map changing but the normal adjustments have never failed to give at least 2 hp more on dyno.

02Cannibal

#20 Post by 02Cannibal »

Originally posted by ******
Is there going to be a feature like on Pro-Cal that lets you adjust fuel as a precentage the whole way across the board? Like if you wanted to add 20* more fuel to the whole map instead of certain spots?

You will be able to edit the values by either entering the new value in the cell, or selecting a range of cells and applying a percentage (+ or -) to the range. You could select the entire map and apply the increase/decrease to all the values thus changing the whole map.

You will also be able to apply the percentage to the flowrate as well.