Map definitions 101

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Exodus

Map definitions 101

#1 Post by Exodus »

OK, here is what I need to know.

1. The stock number for injector offest is .8
Can I change those numbers and still be safe?
If I change those numbers, how do I determine whether or not it helped with power without a dyno?
Would .9 be leaner or richer?

2. Injector Flow is 2450.
The above questions apply.

3. Whats the definition of what Injector Flow is, what injector offeset means? I need some definitions in real world terms. I know how to tune a carb pretty good on a two stroke, but this is a little deeper than guessing a jet size. My bike isn't running the way it did a month ago and I'm trying to figure out how tune it back to how it ran.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Its not stroked or ported?

Can I change those numbers and still be safe?Yes with AFR or plug readings.
If I change those numbers, how do I determine whether or not it helped with power without a dyno?HP will go up or down
Would .9 be leaner or richer?Richer.Offset big effect is idle and low but does affect top.

2. Injector Flow is 2450.
The above questions apply.2350 would be richer.Flowrate affects entire range from bottom to top.

3. Whats the definition of what Injector Flow is, what injector offeset means? I need some definitions in real world terms.
Flowrate= amount of measured fuel injector will flow when tested on a flowbench.
Offset=?I dont know but it affects bottom more than mid or top.

Exodus

#3 Post by Exodus »

Thank you very much, that opens a big door for me to tune. This is a stock motor with with advanced cams and an HMF full exhaust. The intake is a custom. Its an aluminum 3" pipe that curves around the stem to a K&N filter. I am still using the velocity stack at the mouth of the throttle body.

Would that affect the stock settings?
I am quite sure it is getting more air, logic would say to richen the settings, however, how much should I richen it?
if 2350 is richer, how much richer? Is that a drastic movement is setting?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

100 at a time for flowrate makes big changes.Always helps to have someone to do runs with for comparison.Got any pictures of your intake setup sounds interesting!

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Just adding onto the discussion here the flowrate is basically a number explaining what the injector will flow. It is mainly responsible for low mid to full throttle, but it does have an affect on the idle/off idle too.

Offset is responsible for idle/ off idle and can be tweaked to get better starting and throttle response, but I would in your case start with WOT runs and do some plug checks then go back and do a TPS recal and that will help you set everything. You are right you are probably lean. Hope this helps.

Exodus

#6 Post by Exodus »

How about emailing me and I'll send them to you if you will post them for me. I dont have the time nor the energy to try and figure out how to post them. lol