question for all...please respond

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Exodus

#11 Post by Exodus »

I have owned mine since last Sept. I love the thing, I have had some hiccups, but nothing that doesnt go wrong with any race bike. What you have to consider, is these are hand biult race machines, they arent cookie cutter copies biult by a robot on an assembly line. They do have a few problems that needed addressed from conception, but all in all, an outstanding machine that will give you an incredible amount of pleasure. My advice is look at yourself and ask these questions, "Am I meticulous enough to change the oil every three or four hours of ride time? Do I have the mechanical appittude to work on this machine if it breaks? Can I diagnose problems that these bikes tend to have for no reason? And do I have the patience to work and diagnose this machine?

Thats not to say you shouldnt own one, theres plenty of people that own Cannondales and dont work on them, they are just a patience sort, or live close to someone who does work on them. Most problems with tuning can be solved with the help of these guys on here. Most know what they are talking about, and will give you tips of finding and fixing the prob.

Dont get me wrong, theres plenty of Cannondales out there that dont have any problems and havent since they were conceived. But there are a few that are moody and unwilling to work no matter what you do. They are a race horse, so you just cant feed them 2 yr old hay. If you get what I mean.

Chuck_W

#12 Post by Chuck_W »

I just did the Ironman in WI for the 6 hour race and my ATK/CDale MX ran fine and did not over heat. The power was always right on. I did stop ever 3 or 4 laps at 1st to make sure the Rad was free from mud. If I would have not stoped it will over heat.

cdalemx301

#13 Post by cdalemx301 »

I do have to say Dan (Quadman22) his problems stem from the previous owner disassembling the bike and reassembling it improperly if i remember correctly...

JMaN05

#14 Post by JMaN05 »

this is helping alot, thanks you guys smile.gif

KRMit

#15 Post by KRMit »

Racing or leisure riding, mine takes about the same abuse. I don't know how to take it easy.

The Cannondale is a race quad, like the 450r or YFZ450. Race bikes just don't have the reliability of the sport ones. You can run an EX or Warrior into the ground and it'll keep coming back for more but race bikes are pushed to the limit and do require more maintenance.

quadman22

#16 Post by quadman22 »

yes i have to agree that does have a part in all of this. That guy was a hack and a half

JMaN05

#17 Post by JMaN05 »

well i had a yfz450 that was all tricked out so if its like that then i knw the kind of headache race quads give you. but, i hear that the cannndales are wrse.

KRMit

#18 Post by KRMit »

I went to LS with a guy who rides a YFZ450 and Jwheat on his Cannon. I believe Jwheat has had his for about 3 years and the YFZ guy has had his for about a year. Both of them locked up at the end of the trip. Jwheat even rides harder than the YFZ dude. Race engines are finicky. $h!t happens.

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

Had both my cannondales bout 2 years give or take some for both. No problems. I ride when I want to ride and how ever long I want to ride. BUT, I maintain the piss outta my quads, no matter what kind they are. And I do all the updates and tweaks we discuss on here.

JMaN05

#20 Post by JMaN05 »

ALRIGHT, A C0UPLE M0RE QUESTI0NS...WHAT THE HECK IS A CANN0NDALE HYBRID? I D0T UDERSTAD THHAT IN A C'DALE. AND, IF A CANN0NDALE HAS THE M0T0R M0UNT UPDATE AND THE STAGE 8 AND 0NNLY 25 0RIGINAL H0URS, SH0ULD THAT BE G00D EN0UGH T0 GET 0UT AND RIDE WITH0UT BEING W0RRIED AB0UT BREAKING SEIZING 0R WHATEVER THEY D0?
BY THE WAY, THE QUADS A CANN0NDALE CANNIBAL, I BELIEVE ITS AN 03, IT IS THE STARS AND STRIPES LE...