starting procedure

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
JMaN05

#21 Post by JMaN05 »

i have n0 idea....im a little sl0w and was jsut wating t0 p0st and fid 0ut. i think i g0t the hang 0f this f0rum n0w

NRath

#22 Post by NRath »

Actually, the start procedure can vary a little depending on which version of the wiring harness you have. The latest, version 8, is a little different. It's the way they all should've been. As soon as both the key and switch are turned on, it primes the system. No engine turnover required. A version or 2 before that, you still didn't have to actually turn over the motor. Just pressing the start button, with key and switch on, and WITHOUT holding the clutch in would prime the system. It was some of the earliest harnesses that you actually had to turn over the motor to energize the fuel system. Other than that tidbit, Happy's info was right on- short blips of the starter after energizing the fuel system. And, neither of my 'dales have been subject to the few minutes of startup before taking off. I can start them up and take off. Usually don't, but they'll run just fine. Sounds like that varies from machine to machine.

JMaN05

#23 Post by JMaN05 »

thanks, but i got it down. it wast as difficult as people made it seem!