starting procedure

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
JMaN05

starting procedure

#1 Post by JMaN05 »

i hear its not just start and go on these...what has to be done to ride?? like a 2 stroke, start let run and then ride??

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

when u start it DO NOT touch the gas.it will foul the plug. let it warm up for a bit also, some wait til the radiator hoses are warm. id say a few minutes is good.

JMaN05

#3 Post by JMaN05 »

it will foul the plug that easy??

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

it idles high, so that means there is alot of gas right at start up. it will foul the plug if u touch the gas while starting.it wont fould like a two stroke while yur riding it......just startup

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

What he means is don't treat it like a carb. Most carbed quads you will have a tendancy to tweak the throttle while trying to start. EFI can't do that. That is when you foul the plug. My start procedure is click the start button once to get the motor to crank over and this sprays a bit of gas in the cylinder. Then hold the start button down for a couple of seconds and she starts right up. As long as you don't tweak the throttle you are usually ok.

As for letting it warm up...I do this as well. You should let all motors warm up just a little to be sure you have oil everywhere you should. Sometimes if the motor is cold you have to let it idle for a good 5-10 seconds before you hit the throttle or it can stall.

JMaN05

#6 Post by JMaN05 »

s0, pretty much, h0ld the start butt0n f0r a c0uple sec0nds, let it g0, then h0ld it i still she fires up ad let her sit f0r a min 0r tw0...s0uds g00d, ad if c0ld, like 5 mins

-new dell pc 0n the way-

Cdale_racer_669

#7 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

u just tap the button real quick. some need that tap to wake up the ECU.u tap it real quick, then start it. i dont ever tap mine, and it fires right up.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by JMaN05
s0, pretty much, h0ld the start butt0n f0r a c0uple sec0nds, let it g0, then h0ld it i still she fires up ad let her sit f0r a min 0r tw0...s0uds g00d, ad if c0ld, like 5 mins

-new dell pc 0n the way-

Um....no. Let me repeat....

---click the start button once to get the motor to crank over and this sprays a bit of gas in the cylinder.
---Then hold the start button down for a couple of seconds and she starts right up.

--only hold the start button for 3 second intervals. If it doesnt' start up after 3 seconds then let go and hold off for a few more seconds. Then try it again. If you do this like 3 times and it still doesn't start then its prob flooded.

Everyone will go through a plug or 2 when they first get the quad/bike. But you will learn a routine that works best for you and your bike.

JMaN05

#9 Post by JMaN05 »

what ab0ut 0nce it is started and y0u have been riding. d0es it fire right up??

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

once its warm just hit the green button she will fire up you only have to use that procedure when its cold when you first get it out to ride it:)