Headlight deletes -anyone want some?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
CHAINSAW

Headlight deletes -anyone want some?

#1 Post by CHAINSAW »

Idahocannibal sent me some Headlight deletes to reproduce in fiberglass, since their arent that many deletes still out there I guess. Or at least different color options.
After looking them over good, and trying a couple of times, with my methods, I cant pull a good cast off to mold these in fiberglass. But....
I do know a guy in Australia that can reproduce them in plastic, just like originals. He said right now he can for sure do them in either black, or white. More colors would follow if there was an interest, but might cost a little more because anything other then white or black is hard to get in Australia according to him. The price for the first 5 or 6 would be $35 a pair in either white or black. It would be cheaper, but he has to make a mold also, because these are vaccum formed parts.

Im wanting to know how many people are interested, and can give me a 100% yes that they would buy them. Ill send him these deletes Ive got, so he can copy them. Then once they were done, he would ship them back to me, and Id collect money from you.

So if you want either white or black, please say so in this forum. If more then 5 people can give me a 100% for sure yes, that you will pay for them once I front the money and get them made, I will send mine to him and get the ball rolling. I just dont want a bunch of maybes, or I dont knows, then when time comes to pay no one wants to pony up any cash and Im stuck with them. We will post pics of a completed one, before anyone has to exchange money, so dont worry about getting something your not wanting.

rubicon20032003

#2 Post by rubicon20032003 »

I'll take a pair of black if their same as stock.And paypal?

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

I wish I could get a set in speed yellow, but white would be fine, or at least easier to paint than black. Count me in.

CHAINSAW

#4 Post by CHAINSAW »

From the other stuff Ive seen from him, they will look shiney like the black plastic. He says he can make them exactly like the others, and has been doing some rare 3 wheeler parts, and pilot parts here lately... so he can do exact reproductions.

Yes, I can take paypal.

Also, these may not be done for a month or so. He has to make the mold, make sure its right, on top of doing other things right now as well. So if your needing some for next weekends race, Im sorry it will take some time before they are done.

Also, for those of you who want other colors. Im a painter, and can do a "how-to" guide for painting a set. Some people have asked about yellow ones in the past. I could either paint them (for a small price to cover paint and prep time) or do a how-to to show the body shop way of painting plastic parts. Paint doesnt stick to plastic well, but there are some products out there that makes it stick better to plastic, and ways of making it stick better. If that helps any.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by CptHook
I wish I could get a set in speed yellow, but white would be fine, or at least easier to paint than black. Count me in.

Cant go wrong with yellow

cdalepilot

#6 Post by cdalepilot »

i'll take a set in black:)

azcannon

#7 Post by azcannon »

Put medown for a set of black

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Haydug didnt you mention you have a set of black just other day?I have a set laying around also.Jay got them made didnt he?Are any left?I think we both sell ours then put his post back up:D

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

I'll try a set of black, maybe more.

CptHook

#10 Post by CptHook »

so whats the latest on these?