radiator standing up!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
haydug

radiator standing up!

#1 Post by haydug »

About as far as you can go here.

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

What did you do on the bottom of the radiator as far as the rubber thing the radiator sits on? Nice looking frame and rad, is that the heat shield coating you were talking about a couple days ago?

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

I actually had to do some trimming on this rubber pad. I have stood them up around 1" before with no trouble, but this was alittle tougher. I've found it easier to install the radiator, then install the pad. Once you've done it, it's pretty easy that way.
Yes, that radiator is coated. Waiting on the case to come back now, then the motor is going in this frame.

cdalemx301

#4 Post by cdalemx301 »

doug what are the advantages to standing the radiator up like that?

RoooStEr Pops

#5 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

and what about the fan mounting ?

JST

#6 Post by JST »

Originally posted by cdalemx301
doug what are the advantages to standing the radiator up like that?

Seems it would get more flow through the fins,and I belive you need more clearance for reangled injectors.Is this right?

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

The biggest thing as JST put is better airflow. Apparently this was done before and good results came from it. Although I am sure they didn't have it as far as Doug has it. One other advantage is that the top of the radiator won't become as clogged. With the debris being able to roll off it should help keep the top clearer than before! Excellent work Doug. I gotta send my spare radiator to the coater. I guess you will be hearing from me soon!:eek:

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

You will get better flow naturally but what about with the fan? In the stock position the fan is butted up against the radiator so it sucks air through the radiator. But like this it will suck air from around it. Does the fan get moved also?

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

Man you guys are rough!! I had not got around to moving the fan yet, but here you go.

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

My upper brackets are not finished yet, so please hold off on the comments.