Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
T-Rex

#131 Post by T-Rex »

Any more progress on the performance of these cams?

wistech

#132 Post by wistech »

Update. Last week I got the new ported head on the moto . CWR cams installed and timed to 108 degrees . The quad would not start . It would kind of fire and pop just a little but not enough to keep running. I pulled the engine back out and replaced the cwr exhaust with a new fx400 exhaust timed again at 108. Reinstalled and fired instantly. It looks like since the lobes were welded on the exhaust in the wrong place (about one tooth off) the decomp was bleeding to much compression off at the wrong time . Not allowing enough air/fuel to power the engine. I will try to get some runtime on this quad as much as possible . If the remaining CWR intake and fx exhaust will hold up with the melaniting it will show up after a couple of hours at the track. The cams have a black coating on them and are easily veiwed through the clear cam cover even while its runing. Which is pretty cool. Lets just say oil is a whippin away in there.

03canna

#133 Post by 03canna »

Where did you guys ever end up with the cwr cams?

wistech

#134 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (03canna @ Mar 9 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did you guys ever end up with the cwr cams?

I still have a couple that have been melanited . They are still running. I would just assume all others ever built are long worn out and in the scrap dumpster.

NRath

#135 Post by NRath »

I know that wasn't what he was wanting to hear. I think he was recently bitten by CWR.

I'd suggest Canna pick up a couple good older ones from Wistech and have him put a good decomp on before sending them. He can probably hook you up with some good buckets, too. Then you'll be able to get that ripper back together.

jinx44

#136 Post by jinx44 »

Has anyone check with S&S/Crane about making cams, or is there not enough call for them anymore to bother having cannondale cams made?

With S&S buying out Crane after their bankruptcy, and S&S being into motorcycles, making a small engine cam shouldn't be an issue for them.

claas900

#137 Post by claas900 »

Not a bad idea. Last I heard Tim has a guy working on some, but I dont know whats the lastest on them its been a wile.

03canna

#138 Post by 03canna »

Yes ive been bitten going to run the bike today for the first time and see and yes quite possibly be purchasing some good cams maybe even used.... if anyone has any let me know, i am running cv4 buckets so ive got quality there haha