Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cwr greg

#101 Post by cwr greg »

wow. i like that cover to see them cams in motion,

do any of you remember that clear clutch cover for the banshee made by trinity? you could watch the clutch work. it was neat.

you could see the oil splash around.
this cam view will look very interesting. i could just stare and stare and stare at it. rev the throttle and watch the speed. wow.

i really think this spring combo is it.

now on to the test. my fingers are crossed and yes im sweating.

greg

wistech

#102 Post by wistech »

All done .... The witech easy view cam cover.

wistech

#103 Post by wistech »

Top side. I know I used about twice as much epoxy as it really needed but I wanted to be darn sure it would not leak or blow a window out.

timbomoose

#104 Post by timbomoose »

"19 hours on mine, rev that dog to the moon alot too so it must be 99.9%"

Hey ****** how'd your cwr cams look when you took them out. Beautiful, thanks for telling everyone. I even saved a jerk like you from blowing chunks from this post. Now the person calling me on the phone harassing about this post, or was it you or one of your buddies.Maybe ****** will sell his extra set to a fellow member cheap and watch it blow, he gets a kick off of upseting people.Right Buddy!

cannondale27

#105 Post by cannondale27 »

"Oh there only worn a little!"Geeze man wise up.

GDITheman

#106 Post by GDITheman »

what cams did ****** pull out? cwr or stock?

and if people are calling and harrassing tim, then F-ING STOP NOW! UNCALLED FOR. NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY TIM DOES NOT WANT TO WORK ON CDALES. WHY GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HARRASS YOU?

cannondale27

#107 Post by cannondale27 »

CWR

Blazinmoto

#108 Post by Blazinmoto »

Why is it when ****** is involved in a thread it seams like were on exriders instead of cannondaleriders?:w: tongue.gif

wistech

The choices ,The choices

#109 Post by wistech »

After the indy show it looks like 60 rockwell is the target hardness for our cams. My local builder says he can guarantee at least that with his hardwelded cams after they go through a treatment process . He says stock cams can be sent through this treatment to get a .011" deep surface hardness. This is a batch system so if we pool our money we can have a large quantity of cams done for around $75 for the whole pile. The cwr cams trested out at 50 rockwell give or take 1 . Although this is the absolute minimum rockwell I think maybe with the treatment and the correct springs these cams could work. I am having stock cams hardwelded and will be testing them also.

I did a quick measurement check of the cwr cams lift and it looks like the intakes are around .030" higher than an fx400 and the exhaust is around .010" higher. That might mean the stock springs might be able to handle these cams but each one will need to be checked for coil bind.

More and more I am becoming convinced our whole problem with the stock cams is the buckets sticking and bad lobe hardness. I think every cam should be tested before going in a motor.
The bummer is every change that can be tested out here is going to takes months for the data to come in.

This is getting fun.

cannondale27

#110 Post by cannondale27 »

Another thing we learned at Indy when talking to Kibblewhite is that if any of thier springs are crooked they want them back.They are defective.Will have to talk to Greg at CWR about this since Kibblewhite knew nothing about the springs we were using.Told us they would use 450r spring.Might be same.Dont know.When asked how come the OEM valves they made were hardened at tips and new ones werent the reply was that they dont all have to be.