Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
haydug

#121 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by cannondale27
PM me your email I will send you every manual I have.Free

Steve, just post them on the site from everyone to see.

cannondale27

#122 Post by cannondale27 »

How?

haydug

#123 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by cannondale27
How?

I will have my people contact your people! tongue.gif

cannondale27

#124 Post by cannondale27 »

Well as you all know we are trying to get more than one cammaker to make us cams for testing.

CWR Greg has his which will be tried with Wistechs coating/hardening and Kibblewhite outer stock inner spring.

Wistech has his Berry Cams with coating and reground stockers with coating.

Sandstorm has DAB cams which will be reground stockers

I was going after Megacycle but found that we did that already with CWR's.Will pursue another cammaker.Any suggestions?

jacobw

#125 Post by jacobw »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 10 2006, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well as you all know we are trying to get more than one cammaker to make us cams for testing.

CWR Greg has his which will be tried with Wistechs coating/hardening and Kibblewhite outer stock inner spring.

Wistech has his Berry Cams with coating and reground stockers with coating.

Sandstorm has DAB cams which will be reground stockers

I was going after Megacycle but found that we did that already with CWR's.Will pursue another cammaker.Any suggestions?

what about web cams didnt they make cannondale cams???

tat

#126 Post by tat »

Why dont you try Powroll. They done a lot of testing for Kory Ellis when he rode a dale.

wistech

#127 Post by wistech »

Ok just goy a set of CWR cams back from getting melanited. Its a nitriding process. The one thing I have noticed is the lobes on these cams a not even close to the stock position. The intake is a half tooth off and the exhaust is one whole tooth off. Im going to have to do some serious factoring to get these anywhere near stock specs. This may explain why anyone who installed these cams noticed no improvement. I doubt anyone bothered to degree them.

Personnaly I have my doubts that this process will hold up. The melainite is only .001" thick and after gettting the cams RC tested they are worse than before. The first set of stockers I had done came out to 55 RC . This batch is 15 to 20 lower. Not good.

This engine is going to be a stocker with just a ported head and intake . If these cams work it should be able to break 50 and beat the engine I built for Cdalechick. It will also have a clear valve cover for cam inspection. Wish me luck.

cannondale27

#128 Post by cannondale27 »

Cripes!Good luck.Never know maybe it will work.

Happyboy

#129 Post by Happyboy »

I wonder why the RC test came back so low. hmmm.....

wistech

#130 Post by wistech »

i got the cams degreed . The intake was at 109.5 in the stock position and the exhaust was at 99 . It was a pita to get the exhaust close but I got it to 108.5 and called it good. The intake adjusted one pin to 7.5. Should have the motor in tommorow night. I am really starting to see why ALL cams need to be degreed. Its a pain but will make a difference wheather it runs ok or great.