Ti Valves

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
banzairx7

#1 Post by banzairx7 »

Anyone contacted these guys about Ti valves?

www.tivalves.com

timbomoose

#2 Post by timbomoose »

Have ran ti intake valve with no problems.Some people had problems with clearance tightening up.The head I ran was an early fx head with the brass colored seats and never a problem.Good luck keep us posted with what you find.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

There is a head which has been built by RD Valve spring company.Thier porting,Ferrea Ti valves,seats,RD springs and buckets.Chuck Wachs ordered it but depending on cost may not be buying it.(will probably be BIG $)We may have to find a buyer since I also am kinda low on funds.But either way a Ti valve head is done just have to test it and see how it lasts.Might be someone elses chance to do some big R&D.

wayneschofield

#4 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jun 26 2006, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a head which has been built by RD Valve spring company.Thier porting,Ferrea Ti valves,seats,RD springs and buckets.Chuck Wachs ordered it but depending on cost may not be buying it.(will probably be BIG $)We may have to find a buyer since I also am kinda low on funds.But either way a Ti valve head is done just have to test it and see how it lasts.Might be someone elses chance to do some big R&D.

Hi. How did the above get on? Did it last OK?

Cheers

Wayne.

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Do not runa ti valve w/ a Berrilium alloy valve seat. It will not work so a brass seat must be used. I was a guiney pig for the Berrilium alloy valve seats..

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Sandstorm Berrilium seats are used by almost everyone using Ti valves at least for exhaust.They dont talk about it much cause you actually need a liscense to machine it cause it is hazardous.Something else was wrong with yours.
As for R/D valvetrain $1400 Ti head.It is sitting on a shelf.First buckets were hitting valvesprings and chamber was machined wrong.Got it back and now they used a big shim under spring seat and a inner spring that is about a 1/4 in shorter than main valvespring.Never fixed chamber.On top of that Wachs never gave me the cam caps yet.I plan to discuss this with R/D at dealershow.But not happy with results so far.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

I say we port the snot out of it . Stick it on a stock motor and set the rev limiter to 14,000. Set the cam timing to 115 degrees.