fuel filter

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
MyCannibal

#1 Post by MyCannibal »

Just wondering....is anyone elses fuel filter almost full when sitting not running?...mine just has a small bubble of air at the top...I dont remember it being like this b4...In fact I know it used to be only half full when not running...Im getting very good flow returning to the tank...where is the in tank fuel screen located?...think this might be my problem...hasnt been cleaned in over 4 years...

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Mine is nearly full when not running and nearly empty while running but I dont have the stock disconnects.Sounds to me like your is actually flowing freely which is good.

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

thanks 27...wheres that in tank screen and can it be accessed?..is it right at the rear disconnect?..by the way...the filter stays full when running too...brand new filter also....

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes its right in the fitting at rear if you have old style tank.Other ones its at end of pickup hose which is attached to fitting.
Thats odd that the level never changes.But I cant remember how the level acted on old style tank.

DMAC10

#5 Post by DMAC10 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jul 21 2006, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes its right in the fitting at rear if you have old style tank.Other ones its at end of pickup hose which is attached to fitting.
Thats odd that the level never changes.But I cant remember how the level acted on old style tank.

My fuel filter also stays 80% full when not running and at least 50% or more when running. I have a great flow through the filter when its running.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

I couldn't tell you how full my filter is anymore, but I know it is working.

Besides I learned a long time ago doesn't matter what that fuel filter is doing as long as the quad is running.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

If it empties then stalls then fills up real quick or the level fluctuates up and down real fast disconnects are bad.