Looking for feed back

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
kenny mariscott

#1 Post by kenny mariscott »

I've began the process of producing billet parts for our cannondale and ATK quads. What I am looking for is some input from the community here. I would like to know, what type of parts you would like to see made. I currently produce three items, which have recieved a mild response. I have plans to produce ten new items, I intend to make limited production runs of each part in the begining. With your input I can see where your interests are.

Thanks Kenny

[attachment=2585:attachment][attachment=2583:attachment][attachment=2584:attachm
ent]

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

How about a Lone star type seat latch.I for one really need two of them.

kenny mariscott

#3 Post by kenny mariscott »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Feb 15 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about a Lone star type seat latch.I for one really need two of them.

I've got all the parts to make two I just never did, I'll throw one together over the weekend and have some pics up

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I got a few Billet Items from you I believe.Were very nice.Impellar is a bit to big though.Leave a little more clearance for waterpump cover.Nothing a quick hit with a file cant fix but could be a issue if not caught.

As for new items I would really like a adjustable shift lever.Some stock ones are too high and some too low.

Waterpump cover.

Starter clutch cover with a bigger breather outlet Like 1/2in ID at least.

I know this is a tall order but a valvecover wich meets the stock cam caps allowing bolts for cam caps to go right through top of cam cover through caps and into head would be a really cool and useful item.Would help fund prototype of this.

Thanks for making stuff.Hate to say it but make sure you talk to Timbo about Site Sponsorship or Joining the future store.Will be cool having all us little guys being able to market our services legitamitly.Nothing to worry about just talk to him.

whoeveruwantme2

#5 Post by whoeveruwantme2 »

Hey are you making these parts yourself on a cnc mill? I have Mastercam that I used to use, its a pretty good program, I could design some stuff and send it to you to make. I wouldn't want any money or anything. I havent used it in about 2 years its be nice to actually put it to use again. my only proble now is time, im playing hockey full time now. let me know what you think.

Chris

Easy E

#6 Post by Easy E »

I would think clutch covers and flywheel covers would be hot sellers as they add plenty of "bling" to our motors!

thedeatons

#7 Post by thedeatons »

let's revisit the two piece side cover issue again... it would be lovely to do scavenge pump gears and a stage 8 without dropping the engine... Does anyone have a link to that original post by the way?

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

Tim makes flywheel covers. I????????m wishing someone makes us a new flywheel I????????m tired of whirring about when its going to spin, I????????m tired of going easy on it to save it for drag race, tired of getting toed back to camp (3 miles from camp getting sand blasted)from spun flywheel, and just flat out tired of the problem. We????????ve come a long ways on theses motors and I think this is a dumb problem to have with them. I????????d like to put it to rest.

I'll get off my soap box now. biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Very good suggestion Claas900 I would put that at top of my list also.

claas900

#10 Post by claas900 »

I know a flywheel is not an easy task. And it kind of sounds like Dave????????s having the best luck with pinning? But I just don????????t see it being a permenat fix. I????????m going to be getting one of Dave????????s when my motor is done and run the snout out of it and see. I wouldn????????t even know were to begin on getting theses made? And unless the price is unreal it????????d be worth it. I have 2 spares right now, somewere about 90$ a piece you do the math on what ones really worth. I know the flywheel does a lot, magnets, tells the ECU where the crank is, and spins 11,000 rpms. But were not building it from scrach, we have something to work with???????..Dang this soap box biggrin.gif