Crower Billet Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
peterock

#1 Post by peterock »

Had a good discussion with Dan Crower today. He has some good ideas on what can be done to the stock cams to improve them. He also said if there was a good enough interest and the cams weren't too technical he could make some billet. I am sending him one set of worn stockers to see what he can do with them. Basically sounded like he undercuts the lobes to change the profile and then will install bigger shims.

So if any of you that have been looking at cams, if there is a good profile to recomend for the billets let me know to cut down on some of the R&D time.

He was looking at a run of about 50 cams to make it worth his time.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

I love the fact that we are finding more people to build us stuff... Just out of curiousity though, why not contact Megacycle, since they did the original good cams for us?

For cam info I would call Timbo... He may be willing to give up some info to take a load off of himself....

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

I think Crower would be a good person right now that is going to help think outside the box. If you were to tear down Jeremy Lawsons quad you would find his handywork.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Okay... I know that Crower is a well known brand for quality camshafts... I would get hold of Timbo and ask if he is interested in getting a big brand in on this. Tim has already shown hp promise with his designs, I think he might need a heavy hand to step in and help out with the details.

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

I'm with the deatons, maybe Crower could build Tim's cams.

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

That would be for Timbo to decide. Crower has to first take a look at the cam and see how dificult it will be to make the billet cam. If he says it's a go, then it will be time to decide on the profile. For now I'm giving Crower a complete head and basically saying here you go tell me what you think.