Top end sugestion, valve springs and rpms

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

If I had the $ I would buy them for sure. Hit up the YFZ and Raptor guys. (Ebay but ask $550 or more) They work real well on those but do raise ride height a little.

wayneschofield

#62 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ Nov 30 2010, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Wayne,
What ever happened to the conical springs you had for testing back in 2008? (Just saw an old post)

Thanks

God bless...
Mark

They are still sat in the bag they arrived in, waiting for me to build a motor to try them in. I never finished my 'dyno chassis' either, so that motor installs and test can be done quickly and easily. I've no excuse really other than spending too much time on my race car. I'm not racing it next year so hopefully should get the cannondale ideas back on the 'front burner'.....

I should have some time over winter to do some stuff.

I know I must look like a messer to some folk.... (just realised 'messer' is probably and English term.... there are 'do-ers' - who do - and 'messers' - who just mess around...)

wayneschofield

#63 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 29 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes Hyabusa buckets are probably better but it still doesnt work if the cams are not right hardness.I also know that many Hyabusa owners install the Axceldynes.Gotta ask why?Wayne you turned us on to DLC buckets and made a believer out of me.If folks are willing to take a chance on other cheaper alternatives so be it.I dont like walking and I hate missing rides all together because if something goes wrong that is what happens.Up to you.Like old saying."Pay me now or pay me later"

Wait till we get a 1/2in of lift for the all out motors.Then we will be pushing it for sure.Not now.Our springs are exactly the same as a 450R so I really dont want to hear about spring pressure or wieght.Valve float is cured by regular spring maintainence and fixing the sticky bucket.Do that run axceldynes and lets move on.

You know Steve, I had three sets of buckets done and five sets of cams. I also had two wrist pins DLC'd, one I installed in my son's Speed for testing. Other than that, I can't remember what I sent to who for testing. I know I have one set of my cams here and no buckets. I guess the DLC worked out OK? It's that long since I've been concentrating on these things I've forgotten where I was at with so many things. I know I spent lots of money and don't seem to have made much progress with my own machines.... unsure.gif

cannondale27

#64 Post by cannondale27 »

I have one set and still working like the day I got them.Yes yours work just as well as the Xceldynes.Probably cost more though with shipping and all.

m_mcgranahan

#65 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for bringing your Brittish idom to the site here :-) I can just hear Clarkson calling Hammond a messer :-) :-) And about that, you have spent more of your own money that can end up helping us all, so nah, I sure don't call you a messer :-) I do hope you have time to play with the springs some time soon. Can you Pm me how I can get a set of beehive springs to play with?

Thanks

God bless...
Mark

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Dec 4 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are still sat in the bag they arrived in, waiting for me to build a motor to try them in. I never finished my 'dyno chassis' either, so that motor installs and test can be done quickly and easily. I've no excuse really other than spending too much time on my race car. I'm not racing it next year so hopefully should get the cannondale ideas back on the 'front burner'.....

I should have some time over winter to do some stuff.

I know I must look like a messer to some folk.... (just realised 'messer' is probably and English term.... there are 'do-ers' - who do - and 'messers' - who just mess around...)

wayneschofield

#66 Post by wayneschofield »

The ones I got to try are actually some that Cosworth sell as an upgrade for the Duratec engine and I also have some tapered ones from a 996 Porsche to try.

I hope to get my dyno chassis done over winter if I can so it will be much easier testing stuff.

m_mcgranahan

#67 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi Wayne,

DId some looking and found these springs...

http://www.cosworthusa.com/store/pc/viewPr...mp;idproduct=63

Are these the ones you are going to try? Just curious. Looks like the specs are a bit off from what I recall the specs of our springs, is that right?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Dec 12 2010, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ones I got to try are actually some that Cosworth sell as an upgrade for the Duratec engine and I also have some tapered ones from a 996 Porsche to try.

I hope to get my dyno chassis done over winter if I can so it will be much easier testing stuff.

m_mcgranahan

#68 Post by m_mcgranahan »

hi,

One more thing I found on the web tonight about conical springs...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/i...p/t-345891.html

God bless...
Mark

m_mcgranahan

#69 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

More fun stuff...

http://coximport.com/Store/Product/ItmGrou...mp;Make=PORSCHE

http://www.compcams.com/Products/CC-'V...ign'-0.aspx

Porsche 996 conical valve spring part number: 996-105-119-53-OEM (also used on the Cayenne and boxter) Boxster 986 (1997-2004) 996 (1999-2005) Cayenne (2003-Present)
Cayenne (2003-Present)

Place to get Porsche springs: http://www.thepartsbin.com/repsite/porsche...it~reparts.html

I still can't find any specs for the Porsche springs...

God bless...
Mark

Ps. Wayne, saw in another post you were involved in F1 racing in the 90's??? Got to share the details on that please!!!