Top end sugestion, valve springs and rpms

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
m_mcgranahan

#51 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi Steve,

Interesting point about consistancy on the coatings... Weren't there some issues with the DLC coming off the buckets at one point?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

peterock

#52 Post by peterock »

There were some issues with the DLC coating coming off on test buckets and coating companies but no issues with the Xlydyne/CV4 buckets.

m_mcgranahan

#53 Post by m_mcgranahan »

So who sells the cv4's?

cannondale27

#54 Post by cannondale27 »

Timbo sells them.

m_mcgranahan

#55 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,
So even though I really want the dlc coated buckets, I just can't swing them right now so i am going to try the z400 buckets. One quick question, is the motor in the kfx 400 (Say 2006 model) the exact same as the z400? I though I heard it was identical and I can find those tapets a bit cheaper than the z400 ones.

Thanks

God bless...
Mark

cannondale27

#56 Post by cannondale27 »

You dont listen to me now so why would it matter if I said DVX,KFX and ltz are same?Pay now or later.Sorry man but you dont make sense to me.

cannondale27

#57 Post by cannondale27 »

Do a search on Google. Hyabusa Tappets

They have EXACT same issues we have.Its all documented but be prepared for alot of reading.The problems ended with Xceldyne buckets a long time ago.

m_mcgranahan

#58 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi Steve,

I do hear you, but money is really tight... also I did talk to Timbo on the phone yesterday and he seemed to think the z400 tapets were much better than stock Cdale ones. Guess if someone would just buy my ohlins piggybacks I would have the money to do the DLC coated ones now!

Anyhow, thanks for your input and help Steve.

God bless...
Mark

cannondale27

#59 Post by cannondale27 »

I understand.Sorry for being harsh.I am trying to save you $.Zuki buckets arent cheap either and if they dont prevent failure in even one of your motors you have lost $.You have 3 motors with issues.Dont do it till you can afford to do it the BEST possible way!Just let them sit.Your shocks will sell thats a heck of a deal on them.I think everyone worries about $ this time of year.Might be best to just enjoy the Holidays and rehash it after.I bet the $ will be there then.

m_mcgranahan

#60 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hey Steve
Yeah it cool, I knew thats what you were trying to do... Im just dying to ride again before the snow burries us here!!! My wifey really wants me to sell something first before I do this stuff so I might have to wait :-( KNow anyone looking for the shocks??? :-)

GOd bless...
Mark

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 1 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand.Sorry for being harsh.I am trying to save you $.Zuki buckets arent cheap either and if they dont prevent failure in even one of your motors you have lost $.You have 3 motors with issues.Dont do it till you can afford to do it the BEST possible way!Just let them sit.Your shocks will sell thats a heck of a deal on them.I think everyone worries about $ this time of year.Might be best to just enjoy the Holidays and rehash it after.I bet the $ will be there then.