The exhaust to beat the FMF

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Well I have finished the prototype big bore dual exhaust system. I got sick of porting heads and had to have some sawing and welding fun . The quad for sure will need to be run a tad richer for starting. The manifold has been opened up to 1.25 ID and its most likely the longest headpipe ever to be put on a dale. Its built according to most of the headpipe theories Ive found . Even with the huge pipe I managed to make ample clearance for the shock oil line and fuel tank. More than stock. I have a slip joint just after the subframe so as to try different silencers and even dual fmfs . This current one has a 5 inch can with 2 separate cores in one. The outlet hole is 80 percent the size of the inlet but I think I will make some sleeves to make that a variable item to see if an power is gained or lost from it. I must say it is the best sounding exhaust next to the Ti 4 with a quiet core that I have heard yet. Its very quiet at idle and has a deep roar at full power. Oh yes . The Ti4 is going down. I installed it in my speeds new high compresion 460 stock crank motor. I am confident that at least 2 more ponies are going to be had . Will 60hp be done with a stock crank ? Maybe. Who wants to bet it will be at 75 on the juice?

Now I need some gas money to get back on the dyno.

cdale55

#2 Post by cdale55 »

Can I put my order in now for my pipe ? lol

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I will contribute $20 for gas.Heading to dyno Wednesday to test Peterocks setup.

Oh and give us some pics of this Mutant exhaust!

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

We need to get a bunch of quads to the dyno . maybe a dyno day . Ill skip out of work for a day to see if we can blow some engines up. I have opened up the exhaust ports a little extra to port match them to the big head pipes . Steve my shop computer cannot upload pics. Can anybody put them up if I send them with my cell phone. Otherwise you will have to wait till I get internet at home.

cdale55

#5 Post by cdale55 »

I will come down with 2 for sure maybe 4 if I can talk Chad and Brennon into coming .

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Send them to me Wistech stvspiering@charter.net

Hey FMF isnt the one to beat anymore.My X-pipe beat FMF and so did the duals.I will bring the X-pipe to do a comparison against yours.We can split the dyno cost then.Maybe Happyboy will borrow us the duals to dyno also.One motor four exhausts would be cool.Could do HMF and BlackWidow also.Same motor same quad same day.Would be cool.Would take most of dyno day to just do that though.Would have to map to peak for all different pipes.Needs to be done though.

Wistech -vs- xpipe -vs- FMF -vs- Ti -vs- Dual -vs- HMF -vs- BlackWidow

Speed 1B

#7 Post by Speed 1B »

My new duals will be using 8'' shorty FMF Ti mufflers. The length of the muffler was determined by temperature...an old header tuning technique. The headers are getting coated at the moment by jet-hot. These duals SHOULD be better than the first duals we tested. We will know next week when Timbo and i heard to the dyno. Lets see some pis of the Wistech set-up.

Speed 1B

#8 Post by Speed 1B »

My new duals will be using 8'' shorty FMF Ti mufflers. The length of the muffler was determined by temperature...an old header tuning technique. The headers are getting coated at the moment by jet-hot. These duals SHOULD be better than the first duals we tested. We will know next week when Timbo and i heard to the dyno. Lets see some pis of the Wistech set-up.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I heard that.Good luck speed1b.

Speed 1B

#10 Post by Speed 1B »

Thanks 27. I heard you might alter your X pipe. Did you ask them to go back to the drawing board?