The exhaust to beat the FMF

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
wistech

#51 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Mar 1 2008, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to bad but I wouldn't get overly confident. Maybe we should dyno them against each other on the same quad to see who is really going to be toasted. laugh.gif

How about a wager then? Who ever loses pays for the dyno time to test it. I'm in. You pick the quad. I will have a high compression 460 and a 432 running for the world record on stock parts or your high comp 450. I'd say do the 432 just to see what we can wring out of it but what ever you like is fine with me.

wistech

#52 Post by wistech »

The double slice toasters are done. I the internals are a glass pack core system but a larger internal diameter than the fmf. I have 2 end caps .One has the factory cone with the ultra fine screen . The other is wide open. The spark arrestors are very quiet and I pointed the outlets at so they are at a 45 degree angle to each other that ought to tick off the dnr sound checkers.

mydreamride

#53 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 3 2008, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The double slice toasters are done. I the internals are a glass pack core system but a larger internal diameter than the fmf. I have 2 end caps .One has the factory cone with the ultra fine screen . The other is wide open. The spark arrestors are very quiet and I pointed the outlets at so they are at a 45 degree angle to each other that ought to tick off the dnr sound checkers.

Looking good can't wait to have the dyno grudge match against them. But I'm still not scared because I'm going to blow the doors of them mad.gif

cannondale27

#54 Post by cannondale27 »

Those breadboxes look awesome!

SlOoT

#55 Post by SlOoT »

Here is another idea if you want to make an exhaust with low sound, and also a more dark and deeper sound then normal.

I have turned my toaster into something like this, the sound is amazing.

btw, you get the best sound when you make the whole muffler from stainless steel.

SlOoT

#56 Post by SlOoT »

I think I should also explain the picture a bit more.

The picture shows a muffler, like the toaster, from the side. With the red arrows showing how the gasses flow, a bit.

The gasses come into the first "chamber" trough a pipe with holes in it. Next the gasses go to the next "chamber" trough another pipe with holes in it.

I have made my toaster like this, except for the second pipe not having holes in it. And I do not need to worry about being to loud.
In combination with a pod filter setup the sound will be very nice.

Oh, and it took about 1 hour to make.

wistech

#57 Post by wistech »

Here's the test we have all been waiting for. The FMF stock system has been beaten clearly. I was beggining to think we were never going to .

wistech

#58 Post by wistech »

Here in my opinion is the biggest shocker. We replaced the toaster mufflers with the open fmf cans and lost horsepower!!!!! Thats friggin amazing. The one test we should have done is tested a single toaster on the FMF headpipe.

cobradaler

#59 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 11 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here in my opinion is the biggest shocker. We replaced the toaster mufflers with the open fmf cans and lost horsepower!!!!! Thats friggin amazing. The one test we should have done is tested a single toaster on the FMF headpipe.

the longer fmf cans lose hp for some reason, shorten them up and it should gain a little back.

Blasterboy11

#60 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Very interesting, when you switched the Toaster for the FMF, was it the FMF head pipe? Cause i know from cars, the headers are where you make or break the powerband in the exhaust. Cool, good work. So does this mean the prices for the Ti system will go down, lol biggrin.gif