The exhaust to beat the FMF

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#81 Post by cannondale27 »

Roger put the beer down! laugh.gif

wistech

#82 Post by wistech »

You know you got the mufflers set right when you can hit the subframe with the caliper and the muffler still doesnt come in contact with the axle.

wistech

#83 Post by wistech »

Cant forget about chain clearance as well.
This is needed for the lowrider ice quad setup where its running at an almost botomed out position.

SlOoT

#84 Post by SlOoT »

I notice with all the dual exhaust systems, they all have steps into bigger sizes and then end into a muffler with the same I.D. as what would be used on a normal exhaust system.

What will happen power wise if the entire dual exhaust line is made of the same I.D. and also the muffler in the same I.D ?

2000ex

#85 Post by 2000ex »

I am sure it will be nice and loud. The DASA pipes for the LTR you can put your fist in and they are holy **** loud!

SlOoT

#86 Post by SlOoT »

I mean the entire exhaust line in the I.D. were it starts, I think that would be around 30mm I.D.

And also mufflers with the same I.D. of around 30mm. Instead of the "normal" size wich is around 50mm I.D.

wistech

#87 Post by wistech »

On page 2 of this thread are some I made with almost the same ID as the head pipe with a transition to the 2 inch cores . The big bore duals that are on Niels are the same size albeit huge from the head to the muffler with a small transition . Then the rest that I have made lately are stepped in various places. Never thought about making the mufflers with small cores. The duals with the larger headpipes seem quieter when a quiet core is installed in the fmf mufflers. If you watched my youtube video out on the lake I dont think you can even hear the exhaust ,just the howl of the intake when I throttled it up. If someone wants to buy the steel and mufflers I would make a prototype set of duals for them to dyno. Dont know if i would spend the dough on stainless . Regular steel would be cheap .

wistech

#88 Post by wistech »

Oops didnt upload that video yet . LOL

newbtube

#89 Post by newbtube »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Feb 6 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres some finished pics along with an endcap put on

How did you like this exhaust setup

wistech

#90 Post by wistech »

Im ramping up the sizes again. The standard duals headpipes fit inside these sewer pipes. There is so little room the pipes rub on each other at the first step off the head. Im hoping this will give the boost Tims mountain motor needs to blow through the 70hp barrier. I will do a volume test to see how much more there is.