The exhaust to beat the FMF

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
mydreamride

#21 Post by mydreamride »

Looks good other than those ugly chicken turd welds biggrin.gif

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ May 10 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good other than those ugly chicken turd welds biggrin.gif

Pretty they aint. But pretty does not equal power in R@D

wistech

#23 Post by wistech »

I quick prototyped up a setup for the fmf mufflers. One muffler is in the stock location so axle clearance is not an issue and the other is outboard and a little higher. It looks kinda cool. The one thing I didnt count on is the sound. Without the quiet cores its just as loud as stock idling and reved up it might be even louder . It really makes the ground shake. biggrin.gif My money is on this setup for sure. Ill post pics later. It seems there is plenty of clearance between the plastic, tire, and the mufflers .

I found a DMC alien muffler for a raptor at a local shop and they are a waste. It has a single inlet and it splits into dual outlets in the middle. The core is even smaller than my cobbed muffler so thats a dead end. Maybe a streetbike exhaust ?

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

I will check at shop for you John.Thats a good idea.

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

fmf

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

fmf

wistech

#27 Post by wistech »

fmf looks shockingly like the april fools pic dont it . Got you all again. dry.gif

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

I finished modding the Ti header to slip on the the manifold. The flange ID you will need steve is 1.275 to fit over the manifold to use your exhaust.
Good news Tim has tested duals again and he told me that the Ti exhaust has been beaten by at definite 1-2 hp maybe more. I dont know who's duals he tested but I will let him post the results. This was on a 495 so smaller engines might not benefit as much until tested out. There is a new dyno king for the naturally aspirated class as well. smile.gif

This is getting good

wistech

#29 Post by wistech »

Ok here are 2 versions I just finished. The one on the left is the using the stock headpipe tubes . The one on the right is 1 3/8" tube for engines ported for the larger tube. I have to say I had a heck of a time figuring out hoe to build these so they were a direct install without modding the head. It took well over 20 hours to build the big bore headers .The other ones were a breeze compared to it. i kind of hope they dont perform better because I really have no interest in building them again.LOL

thedeatons

#30 Post by thedeatons »

Dirtbike duals next??? LOL... just teasing. These look awesome. Way cool the way this is going.