Anyone (else) fancy putting neutral below first?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
wayneschofield

#1 Post by wayneschofield »

Having got bored of not being able to find neutral, unless I really don't want to find it, my not-so-stupid girlie friend suggested I move it to below first so it's out the way....

She's a biker herself and rode motorcross since being a kid (she has an MV Agusta 750 these days!!), and between us we couldn't really come up with a good reason not to move it.

I know you can tweak the detent to make things easier but half the trouble I get it is on steep bumpy climbs when I go for 2nd I seem to get neutral every time..... so much so that I just tend to rev the spuds off it in first rather than risk missing second and having a 'moment'.

I have looked at the shift barrel and it should be pretty straightforward to do.

There also looks like enough room to fit a 'selected gear indicator' too, or a 'lockout' to stop you shifting below first unless you really want to.... It could be operated by a decomp style lever attached to the top of the clutch master cylinder like a lot of KTMs have.....

You could heve either the lockout or the indicator, but not both. You could have it with niether too, of course...

I am going to make up a modified barrel to test and, if it's a success, and if other people want some, I'll get some complete new ones made.

Come on chaps, what do you think?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Flywheels

wayneschofield

#3 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 20 2007, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flywheels

Hi C27, Have you (or anyone else reading) got any broken flywheels for me to look at?

If I can see how they're constructed (without having to destroy a good one to do so) and see how they fail I might be able to come up with a solution.....

Cheers.