Woo-Hoo.... FLYWHEELS!!!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
wayneschofield

#31 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (tooth&nail @ Aug 6 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's things coming along ,I'll need 4 eventually, I need 1 now, (see post in powertrain thread)

I didn't see this post at first, I just replied to your other one...

I have sent one for testing. I have four more here almost ready, but I need the magnets out of the old flywheels to get them finished off.

These four here are 'earmarked' for C27, Wistech, Peterock(ATK) and Boomer. If you're in a rush for one you might want to speak to one of the above and ask if they mind if you have theirs. I don't really want to have another small batch done because the cost is really starting to sting a bit now and small batch costs are very high.

If you can wait a little while, we'll see what Ron Derno thinks of it in his motor and, if all is good I'll try to get a 'proper order' quantity sorted.

I will need some 'firm promises' from people though first.....

cdale55

#32 Post by cdale55 »

Please put me down for one . when you get more made or your next batch. I can send a flywheel out if you need the magnets off of it or I can get one to wistech or cannondale27 . I have 1 or 2 extra . Thanks

wayneschofield

#33 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 6 2007, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wayne I got ahold of 2 from Wistech.I was going to try the EDM machine route for cutting magnet out.If it doesnt work one will be shipped your way.

This last batch have an outer ID of 104mm, so that the outer perphery can be turned off leaving a 1mm 'band' to give the magnet a little support while parting out.

If your EDM machine gets them out on their own then I can get the 'production' ones done with 102mm ID as before....

It might be a good idea to send one anyway so I can be getting on with another over here...

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

Okay will be making a shipment to Wayne Fri. so anyone in Midwest with flywheels to donate magnets send them to me by wed so I can ship them all to Wayne by fri.

Steve Spiering
4918 cty Rd B
Manitowoc,WI 54220

Thanks

Wayne I was also going to leave a "band" on magnet using EDM.I wish I had access to a waterjet.

toothandnail

#35 Post by toothandnail »

Any idea when they will be ready? If you need another tester, I've got 5 TT races in the next 7 weeks , running 2 classes per race (open A , Pro-am) + a poker run and a trail ride blink.gif I've got 1 spun and another looking like it's going any minute.

kenny mariscott

#36 Post by kenny mariscott »

I would also like one to. let me know when and how to get the money to you.

peterock

#37 Post by peterock »

Everyone settle down and give Wayne a little breathing room. We have waited this long for a different flywheel. Give it time to be tested first.

Derno24

#38 Post by Derno24 »

I have been running it of and on so far so good. No problems Mostly GNCC riding or fast trails. I have to get the pics up and other goodies. Sorry for the delay on my part.

Psychosis

#39 Post by Psychosis »

Where they really seem to have problems are on TT and MX so I can't wait to see the results there. I've got two of them that are not gone but on their way out. And w/too high horsepower engines being built I can only imagine how long they'll last on the stockers.

Derno24

#40 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ Sep 2 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where they really seem to have problems are on TT and MX so I can't wait to see the results there. I've got two of them that are not gone but on their way out. And w/too high horsepower engines being built I can only imagine how long they'll last on the stockers.

I know you are kidding right? I have spun 2 in less than 20 hrs. So there is no difference in either. Now if you want to ask Wayne for me to send it to you I will, but The idea was to test it at the 6hrs and it worked fine there. I have continued my testing, but not in as harsh an arena.