4 piece swingarm pivots

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Honda92

#21 Post by Honda92 »

i do not know the measurements off hand. i would have to make up another set to tell you and if i'm making up another set i might as well make up 10 sets. they might not work, i don't know. there is deffinatly more friction that the stock pivots, i don't know if that will wear in or if i have to change my design or if it doesn't matter. couldnt tell ya. the little friction doesn't bother me but it might bother the next guy. its hard enough making something and selling it when it works muchless when you have no idea if its gonna last for more than 5 minutes. i made some other parts and some people were not happy about the milling marks in them, then i walk out in the garage and the polished rims on the car have the same marks all over them. you see what i'm saying?

MyCannibal

#22 Post by MyCannibal »

I bet these would wear quickly...for the average rider they may last a while though...

wistech

#23 Post by wistech »

Ive been using UHMW plastic for everything from shock bushings to chain sliders and they hold up way better than the crap plastic the stock a arm bushing were made of. I would make the side washers full width instead of the half width of the factory sleeve. You just have to get the surface loads right .

MyCannibal

#24 Post by MyCannibal »

good deal.

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

DS 650 uses bushings like this and I believe my brothers are still original in his first year DS.A 2002?

Happyboy

#26 Post by Happyboy »

how have these worked out? any plans of mass production?

Honda92

#27 Post by Honda92 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Feb 22 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how have these worked out? any plans of mass production?

still not sure on how long they will last. my engine blew up in december so i decided to walk away from the project for a few months and go snowmobiling lol

yamadjs08

#28 Post by yamadjs08 »

I'm sure anybody who races knows that the stock design is garbage. I love the simplicity of the bushings haha. I would buy a few for our race quads for sure. Either way the bushings have to be cheaper than the stock bearing design.

MX Quad Dad

#29 Post by MX Quad Dad »

My son ran a whole season with his Moto, they did need replacing, but the damage was from the design of the swingarm. Bad design I would say is the opening inside the tube the bearings is in,

wistech

#30 Post by wistech »

I just finished rebuilding a blown rear axle bearing set in my speed. The swingarm pivots I installed many years ago had a needle bearing with a lip seal on each end and the open hole design swingarm. I am happy to report that they had no water intrusion and no wear. I installed the wide spacers to the inside and presssed the bearing in so it wasnt centered over the hole like the stocker. More towards the outside of the swingarm. I didnt even run an inner seal. Its to bad they didnt fix the swingarm till the last few months with the sleeve in them.