$20 walmart driving lights

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Kuma

#11 Post by Kuma »

I know this is an old post but just thought I'd add a little to it.
I'mm using these too but I bought some HID conversions from Ebay for $60, had to drill out the back a little to make them fit, was not too bad. With the HIDs they are plenty bright, the problem I have with them in the dunes is the plastic blocks everything low, when cresting a dune you just drop into the abiss. I'm going to be looking for some trail techs to go on the bars, I also like the light to turn with my steering.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Even with the bar mounts coming over top is still blind.The barmount HID's and a helmet HID would be the perfect setup.

ACEwrench

#13 Post by ACEwrench »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 27 2009, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even with the bar mounts coming over top is still blind.The barmount HID's and a helmet HID would be the perfect setup.

or do this...

my friend want some HIDs for his quad (mostly duner) so i may make him a light bar with some 4in HID lights i just saw @ Checker.

rayspeed

#14 Post by rayspeed »

Are those the 4's or the 7's? Be aware that the housing on the 7's are the weak link because of the weight of all the components in there. I have seen them break the housing at the mount as if you had wrecked when you didnt.
I would suggest if anyone wants to do this that the 4's actually throw a more usable wider beam and there is less mass to worry about.
Ray

ACEwrench

#15 Post by ACEwrench »

hmmm......interesting. the lights pictured are 7in. I havent heard of any failures of the housing until now. The 4in lights do look good and i may end up using them eventually. the lights have already been through a race and showed no signs of wear. ill be sure and pay attention though, thanks!