Status on the cams?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
ScramblerXLE

#1 Post by ScramblerXLE »

hey guys,

I know someone was having cams mad for our application. Timbo's building me a 505 pump-gas machine right now, and I was hoping that by this time next year we'd have some slightly more agressive cams to drop into it. (I'm not dragging or duning, this is a backup for my 2008 KTM 525 XC for XC racing... I know it's overkill...) Does anyone know what the status is? Who is doing the cams? Last I heard he had recieved the heads for flowbench testing, and something about him not understanding how we were getting gains like we are with some of the little tricks that Cannondale motors respond to. Just curious really. Thanks for any info!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

That's all I heard so far. Will give him a call today.

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

Tim is swamped with paid orders, so R&D is probably on the back burner, unless someone is paying his R&D time...

Wayne Schofield was the cam maker.

ScramblerXLE

#4 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Oh, is Tim the guy to talk to about this? I can just call him, that's not a big deal, I just thought that some folks here were working on this more than Tim was. Thanks!

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

Actually this isn't Tim's cams or Wayne's cams. This was a project to have billet cams made. Steve has the guys contact information.

ScramblerXLE

#6 Post by ScramblerXLE »

See I thought that was what was going on. Thanks for confimation peterock. I guess now we wait for C27 to let us know what's up. As I said before I was just curious because it's really cool that you guys are working to keep this community thriving. I'll be riding my 505 in a few XC races in MI (B-class) this year w/ some friends. (I've just moved to OH) The KTM will be my primary XC machine for GNCC's and SOCC's, but if a race is not for points, I fully intend to run that Cannondale to make believers of my friends. One of them is already talkin' about a 'dale project now too wink.gif

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

These cams probably won't be a profile for you though. They were looking at getting 5 sets made for the initial run for the drag racing guys. Profile mainly aimed at top-end power.

A set of stock cams timed properly for your application would probably suit your needs for now though. My crower cams have been holding up, but haven't had a bucket hold up to them yet.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

Sorry about the bad lead....

ScramblerXLE

#9 Post by ScramblerXLE »

no problem. I'm just interested and excited that we may soon have an alternative to leftover '03 cams. And peterock, that is what Tim is doing w/ my engine. (timing the stock cams to make strong top-end and have smooth delivery) Thanks!