CRF 450 in a dale

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cdale490

#1 Post by cdale490 »

Has anyone put a crf 450 bike motor in a dale? I got suckered in to sending my motor to wwe and I dont think I will ever see it again.

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

That sucks for sure.

You could pick up a dale motor. Talk to Happyboy on here.

cdale490

#3 Post by cdale490 »

QUOTE (ozarkdaler @ May 24 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sucks for sure.

You could pick up a dale motor. Talk to Happyboy on here.

The thing that sucks the most is I had a C&C ported head that was matched to a 50mm throttle body and an engine with the motard gear set that all went to Wade. Does anyone live in the Torrance area that could get my stuff, I am willing to pay.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Polyester Pig lives near him, and has worked with him in the past, but I cannot speak for him... (He is usually on cannondaler.com)

ozarkdaler

#5 Post by ozarkdaler »

Polyesterpig is a stand up guy you may need to see what he can do.

Trouble

#6 Post by Trouble »

thats just totally BS,thats why a lot of people are leary about sending stuff out to have done..myself included.Theres nothing quicker to leave a sour taste in ones mouth than bad or slow service.i cant even fathom being ripped off a motor,i would just lose it.Man i hope you get your stuff back.For me if i cant do it,then i dont need it,fortunately bores and crank work i can have done locally without sending across the country.

Trouble

#7 Post by Trouble »

If i ever get bored or tired of fixing the dale,i have a yz426 i havent ridden in about 3yrs that may donate its power plant for a dale conversion,WHEN i had enough of dropping this dale motor...crossing my fingers it wont be anytime soon again.

cdale490

#8 Post by cdale490 »

QUOTE (Trouble @ May 26 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If i ever get bored or tired of fixing the dale,i have a yz426 i havent ridden in about 3yrs that may donate its power plant for a dale conversion,WHEN i had enough of dropping this dale motor...crossing my fingers it wont be anytime soon again.

He talk me into buying a 490 stroker and I was going to do it myself then, he call and said because it was his first one he should be the one to install it in case there were any snags and he would only charge me $80 so he got my money and my motor.

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

There are people on the Dale forums you do NOT deal with, unless you live down the street from them. No one seems to want to call them out or ban them, but if you read enough you will see the problems....

desertbound

#10 Post by desertbound »

If all else fails, give me his address and I'll drive up and pay him a visit.