CRF 450 in a dale

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cdale490

#11 Post by cdale490 »

QUOTE (desertbound @ May 26 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If all else fails, give me his address and I'll drive up and pay him a visit.

I just tried calling him and his phone is back on but he wont pick up, if he continues to do this I will definitly take you up on this.

Thanks

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

Your crank most likey is at crankworks awaiting payment from WWE. Sorry to hear about your loss.

E440fan

#13 Post by E440fan »

I had my E440 rebuilt from WWE a year ago. He quoted me 2 weeks and it took 3 months. He was impossible to get in touch with and I never thought I was going to get my bike back. Then out of the blue he delivers my bike to my house (35 miles away) and it runs awesome. IMO his customer service skills sucks but he is a good motorcycle mechanic. Polyesterpig helped me a lot through those trying times. Good luck and don't give up I have been there.

cdale490

#14 Post by cdale490 »

QUOTE (E440fan @ Jun 1 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had my E440 rebuilt from WWE a year ago. He quoted me 2 weeks and it took 3 months. He was impossible to get in touch with and I never thought I was going to get my bike back. Then out of the blue he delivers my bike to my house (35 miles away) and it runs awesome. IMO his customer service skills sucks but he is a good motorcycle mechanic. Polyesterpig helped me a lot through those trying times. Good luck and don't give up I have been there.

I know he's good, he's done work for me before and I've waited then, but this is gone on long enough. I sent him my motor in Dec. of 2007 and he was good about staying in touch. Now he wont answer my phone calls or respond to my letters.

desertbound

#15 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (cdale490 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know he's good, he's done work for me before and I've waited then, but this is gone on long enough. I sent him my motor in Dec. of 2007 and he was good about staying in touch. Now he wont answer my phone calls or respond to my letters.

Pm sent.

E440fan

#16 Post by E440fan »

QUOTE (cdale490 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had Polyesterpig going by his shop as well as myself on the weekends which he was not there. I finally had a friend of mine stop by during the week and find him. I would not leave my bike with him again. I think Wade has some personal issues that gets in the way of his business. There is no excuse for how he has treated his Customers. It is a shame because he knows CDales inside and out. It is a bummer for me because he is so close and I know he does good work but he is to much of a flake.

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

Didn't wade go to jail this last year?

m_mcgranahan

#18 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I am actually interested to see if anyone has put a crf450 in a dale yet? It looks like it is cheap to get one on "the list" and it might be a good option for a reliable replacement.

God bless...

Mark

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Never saw one actually running but we (Iceracer and I)put one in to see what issues would come up.Pretty much same as YFZ conversion.Kickstarter will not clear frame without a bit of cutting and carb is going to hit the crossmember.

Trouble

#20 Post by Trouble »

But alas..it can be done...lol