CRF 450 in a dale

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
thedeatons

#21 Post by thedeatons »

Yeah, but hybrids are a pain.... After doing my daughter's DRR with a KX60 engine in it, I can tell ya that they can be really annoying, and there have been quite a few times where I had just wished I had bought something out of the crate....

After that build I can tell you that I will never do a hybrid again. These are toys, and the last thing I need is maintenance and headaches. I just want to play, there is no trophy or money at the end of my rides.....

Trouble

#22 Post by Trouble »

hybrids rock,the ones i have built have been less of a headache compared to dropping a cannondale motor everytime you "think" something came amiss in there bouncing around..lol

SlOoT

#23 Post by SlOoT »

I raced my KTM hybdrid Dale for 4 seasons without even changing piston rings.

However, this season I ride a upgraded/updated almost stock moto (yes, with a dale engine) and I must admit I like it better then the KTM hybrid.

I now have a license plate on my KTM hybrid and only use it on-road. The Moto also hase a license plate btw, but I only use it for MX.

claas900

#24 Post by claas900 »

2mike18

#25 Post by 2mike18 »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Aug 27 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I raced my KTM hybdrid Dale for 4 seasons without even changing piston rings.

However, this season I ride a upgraded/updated almost stock moto (yes, with a dale engine) and I must admit I like it better then the KTM hybrid.

I now have a license plate on my KTM hybrid and only use it on-road. The Moto also hase a license plate btw, but I only use it for MX.

so jealous wish I could ride the dale to work. last time I took the banshee I used to have to work the police didn't exactly like that mad.gif and I was about 50yrds from the work lot when they caught me laugh.gif

speedracer

#26 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Aug 27 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very informative thread,thanks for sharing.

claas900

#27 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Aug 28 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very informative thread,thanks for sharing.

Your Welcome. It's worth a read,that guy does an awesome job.