How I keep my E440 cooler

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
E440fan

#1 Post by E440fan »

I did this a few months ago and seems to help although I never tested it. I bought these from a guy on ebay. Both were around $30.00 shipped. Anyways I also drilled holes in the front fender for more air flow.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

I like it! I know that it can't hurt. Even if it is only 10-15 degrees cooler, it beats not having them. Aluminum disipates heat and it will work to some extent while idling or moving slowly.

gml1998

#3 Post by gml1998 »

I have those on my Speed,I don't know how much it helps but it can't hurt

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Back when we raced a Banshee there was one of those that rated better than the rest, at least on the Banshee's (pro design comes to mind, but I'm not sure).who-ever it was claimed his was not just a straight through design. He also told me he had taken another company to court for copying his exzactly

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I looked it up and it was the prodesign model that I bought for the banshee. Can't find the artical that said this one was better. but I do remember talking to him. One thing I noticed when I got it is the inside was tappered down and I think it was directional. I am thinking it was to go in the return to raditor line only because of the slight restriction. I believe his water pump was designed to pump a little slower that others (even stock). What he said made since, at least from what I remember from drag racing days watching guys turn a slight over heating problem into a major one by removeing the thermostat.

I would like to add that I cannot say if this one item helped because I installed the cooler, head, water pump and Toomey radiator at the same time plus some modifying to the stock grill and some adding some air deflectors. He raced it MX for a couple years (some real bad mud) and never overheated it. I watched as other banshees that were racing aginst him, have a trail of steam and not make it through the second moto. of coarse it also helped that he ran a conservitive first moto figuring these other guys would be down on HP for the second moto.

funmachines

#6 Post by funmachines »

How about adding a cooling fan or a separate oil cooler. Might have more benefit.

E440fan

#7 Post by E440fan »

QUOTE (funmachines @ Jun 7 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about adding a cooling fan or a separate oil cooler. Might have more benefit.

I thought about the fan idea. I bought one but it was to big to fit. My next idea would be to add heat sink fins to the top and bottom of the radiator. FYI. I ride out in the hot desert and do many slow rides with the kids. Last time we went to Cougar Buttes and they have many technical trails through big boulders. sloooooow. I also think that I may have some debris in my radiator that clogs up my line that does not allow cavitation. I will clean that out next. Is there a specific way to do that.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

I also suggest riding faster. Never hurts...

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Jun 8 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also suggest riding faster. Never hurts...

as long as you keep the rubber sidee down

speedracer

#10 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Jun 8 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as long as you keep the rubber sidee down
Heck,thats no fun! laugh.gif