Fuel Pump/Regulator Relocation

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Gibson265R

#1 Post by Gibson265R »

I was bored last night and I wanted to remove the clutter in front of my engine. No drilling was necessary...just a little grinding to the stock fuel pump mount so it would clear the plug for the ECU. The only other thing needed to do this is longer fuel lines, and a pod filter setup. The regulator mounts where the front of the stock air box would mount. Sorry for the dirty ecu tray, i had a oil puking problem a long time ago and the dust and dirt turned to a kind of dirty cement. Also, that shifter is my crappy spare one. I need to re-tap my other one that is nice and not rusted at the end.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

Looks good,makes a big differences. Have you looked at my post " the build of hope" I did what you did plus the batt also.

Gibson265R

#3 Post by Gibson265R »

i havent checked that out...ill do a search. is it in the R&D section?

Z4J

#4 Post by Z4J »

Very cool. One thing I'm finding as I try to step from rookie.... is these Cannon's lead to some tinkering. A little too much unlocked potential? Silly question maybe, but can I find a write up on the brief history on these quad and bikes (the people and thought behind the flash history)? ..Sorry for jumping on the post.

Gibson265R

#5 Post by Gibson265R »

I dont know about any official write up about the history, but I could write about book about my own experiences with this thing smile.gif. Cannondale was the first EFI sport quad (as far as i know). They beat the rest of the big manufacturers by about 8 years along with the first aluminum frame (excluding dirtbikes).

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...p;hl=build+hope I'm not sure if I have a pic with the hood off or not?

Gibson265R

#7 Post by Gibson265R »

That is a sick looking bike. Maybe i'll do some rearranging and move my battery to the ECU tray. Is that a standard size battery? It looks a little smaller...

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

I'm not running that batt anymore. It was a little to small,so I ended up going with the 5ah http://turntechbattery.com/TurnTech%20Battery/Welcome.html. To be honest I'm not sure how it measures out agents the stock bs9.

I'm 90% sure it could be done with out cutting any wires? But I did it anyways just for the sake of less clutter. The only thing that really stands out is making a longer starter cable.